Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

חיפוש בתמיכה

יש להימנע מהונאות תמיכה. לעולם לא נבקש ממך להתקשר או לשלוח הודעת טקסט למספר טלפון או לשתף מידע אישי. נא לדווח על כל פעילות חשודה באמצעות האפשרות ״דיווח על שימוש לרעה״.

מידע נוסף
נפתרה Archived

The toolbar that allowed me to change fonts and control font characteristics when writing a message has disappeared. How do I get it back?

jortnerj

I have two email accounts. Until recently, they both showed a toolbar (just below the Subject bar that appears above the message composition window) that allowed font selection, sizing, and setting other characteristics (bold, size, italics, etc.) of the message text.

Now, that toolbar is not showing when I try to compose a message from one of the email accounts. As a result, my message texxt appears as Courier, and I have no control over font size, etc.

The other account continues to display that essential toolbar, and I can control fonts pretty well.

've tried unsuccessfully to restore that toolbar to the first account. How do I do it?

I have two email accounts. Until recently, they both showed a toolbar (just below the Subject bar that appears above the message composition window) that allowed font selection, sizing, and setting other characteristics (bold, size, italics, etc.) of the message text. Now, that toolbar is not showing when I try to compose a message from one of the email accounts. As a result, my message texxt appears as Courier, and I have no control over font size, etc. The other account continues to display that essential toolbar, and I can control fonts pretty well. 've tried unsuccessfully to restore that toolbar to the first account. How do I do it?

כל התגובות (4)

פתרון נבחר

If you hold the shift key while clicking the Write button is the toolbar there?

that works! thank you very much...

However, it appears that I have to do the Shift-Write maneuver every time! How to make the switch permanent, please?

You have this account set to use Plain Text instead of HTML. You cannot format plain text so there is no need for the formatting toolbar. Holding the Shift key just toggles between your default and the other format. You need to set this account back to using HTML. I am on an Android tablet right now and cannot access Thunderbird and I cannot remember for sure where that setting is. You will have to look through the options for it.