Showing questions for topic:

I would like to decide for myself what the best optimisation and performance settings are. How can I override the autoselection of these settings?

Your current build of firefox runs substantially worse for me than previous versions. I use Firefox because it is non-chromium, which typically offers more user freedom a… (daɗa karatu)

Your current build of firefox runs substantially worse for me than previous versions. I use Firefox because it is non-chromium, which typically offers more user freedom and control, but these new performance settings which cannot be edited individually, but are controlled automatically, are overstepping. Please advise how I can change the settings on a deeper level than simply switching off hardware acceleration. I'd like to limit multiprocessing primarily, but I would also like to have access to other performance settings. Further, I would like to have more control over how Firefox can access my devices. Please advise how I can access and edit the full list of permissions available to Firefox. I ask for this in the interest of transparency and personal data protection.

Open 3

what have you done to firefox why does it now only crash

what have you done with the? "new" firefox since the last update and change, it crashes, it won't open websites and now it said prove you're not a robot and other miscell… (daɗa karatu)

what have you done with the? "new" firefox since the last update and change, it crashes, it won't open websites and now it said prove you're not a robot and other miscellaneous things are going on? Can I go back one update? I dislike what you have done. Firefox has always been my first choice and not Chrome, I'm going to have to find another search engine.

Open

Copy text (Ctrl-C or context menu) not working

This is actually the same in Firefox, and both only since today, working fine before: Typing Ctrl-C does nothing, Ctrl-X deletes whatever is selected, but it does not end… (daɗa karatu)

This is actually the same in Firefox, and both only since today, working fine before:

Typing Ctrl-C does nothing, Ctrl-X deletes whatever is selected, but it does not end up in the clipboard. In fact, if the clipboard contains something, it will be removed (Win-V still shows it, but it can no longer be pasted). When copying from somewhere else, pasting with Ctrl-V works.

AFAICT, no issues with any other programs.

Latest versions of FF (151.0.2) and Thunderbird (151.0.1), on Windows 10.

What could be wrong?

Thanks, Ralf

Open 3 1 100

Thunderbird is freezing up after a few minutes or when I try to select a folder.

I believe with Update 154,0 my thunderbird has been freezing up. I can't see, to compress files or select some folders. After a few minutes everything freezes up. 21 AUGU… (daɗa karatu)

I believe with Update 154,0 my thunderbird has been freezing up. I can't see, to compress files or select some folders. After a few minutes everything freezes up. 21 AUGUST 2026

[redacted] @gmail.com


/edit: unlocked as other was made as duplicate.

Solved 6 1 90

disable vpn for a website in macos?

New user of the Mozilla VPN for MacOS 26 (soon to be 27). I have two questions: 1) how can I exclude a website from the VPN? The Roku website, accessed via Safari, does… (daɗa karatu)

New user of the Mozilla VPN for MacOS 26 (soon to be 27). I have two questions: 1) how can I exclude a website from the VPN? The Roku website, accessed via Safari, does not work with the VPN installed and enabled. The only instructions that I have been able to find use a Firefox extension that only works on Windows. 2) When I turn off the VPN, or quit it, I lose internet access. I have to uninstall the VPN client (I use AppCleaner) to effectively disable it and maintain internet access. How can I temporarily disable or quite the VPN and maintain internet access? Thanks !!

Open 5 1 10

Mozilla VPN does not start service on start up as before, nor allow me to start the service on my Dell laptop runnng Windows 11.

Mozilla VPN does not start service on start up as before, nor allow me to start the service on my Dell laptop running Windows 11. I appear to be signed in and while I can… (daɗa karatu)

Mozilla VPN does not start service on start up as before, nor allow me to start the service on my Dell laptop running Windows 11.

I appear to be signed in and while I can navigate to different areas on the desktop app, it does not allow me to 'turn on' the VPN.

Open 1

Lose internet connection when turning on Mozilla vpn

I am new to Mozilla vpn. Running Linux Mint on HP laptop using firefox 155.0.1. I lose internet connection the second I turn on Mozilla vpn. I get error message "no signa… (daɗa karatu)

I am new to Mozilla vpn. Running Linux Mint on HP laptop using firefox 155.0.1. I lose internet connection the second I turn on Mozilla vpn. I get error message "no signal - check connection". This is regardless of the chosen location. What am i doing wrong?

Open 1

Poor performance of Fire Fox browser

I been using FireFox for at least a decade I am really disappointed in it's current state. It is very slow OIS is Version 26.6.2 (25G83). Constantly telling me it can't f… (daɗa karatu)

I been using FireFox for at least a decade I am really disappointed in it's current state. It is very slow OIS is Version 26.6.2 (25G83). Constantly telling me it can't find server when I hit an website link? Also frequently says secure connection? I want my FireFox back.

Open 5 20

loose volume control on web pages.

I use Firefox to watch several of my live news programs on their web sites. Recently I am finding that the volume control does not allow access to actual control (it is o… (daɗa karatu)

I use Firefox to watch several of my live news programs on their web sites. Recently I am finding that the volume control does not allow access to actual control (it is on or off choices) without going to full screen. And tried a couple on edge. In fact, the first below will NOT LOAD in Firefox. https://www.mysuncoast.com/livestream/ https://www.fox13news.com/live So far skynews.com/watch-live has still let me balance the sound levels. What is going on? Is this a choice of the providers to not allow control? A recent change in YOUR end? I really hate to have to drop Firefox and go to Edge for my live news broadcasts, but this is what you are forcing on me..... Scott Hepburn [email removed]@verizon.net

Open 8 91