Showing questions for topic:

Fix Thunderbird to display Consumer Reports electronic issues without HTML format rejection.

Thunderbird (Mozilla?) rejects electronic issues of monthly Consumer Reports with the error message that the HTML format is invalid. Is this fixable, or must I change to… (daɗa karatu)

Thunderbird (Mozilla?) rejects electronic issues of monthly Consumer Reports with the error message that the HTML format is invalid. Is this fixable, or must I change to another email client? Mike McClellan, [redacted @verizon.netemail from community support forum]

Open 1

Trying to get back to the message list from either a message body or the settings pane, currently chosen!

Hello, I'm a user who's blind, of course as per the accessability topic I selected here. I need help with thunderbyrd and reaching back to the messages list from either a… (daɗa karatu)

Hello, I'm a user who's blind, of course as per the accessability topic I selected here. I need help with thunderbyrd and reaching back to the messages list from either a message body and/or now currently, from the settings pane. I've tried the following: 1. Hitting F6 to figure out where the message list lies within the cycle of panes, but all I get are the search pane and the reading pane main region. 2. Tried hitting tab from the spaces menu when I find the mail as alt 1. 3. Just going back into that tab, the mail, and nothing works. I still end up back in the settings currently but was in a message body before. No matter how I turn off thunderbyrd and reopen it, this is still happening. I use NVDA only for games/current screen reader in use, but I mainly use JAWS for Windows, which is on its latest updates. NVDA is as well. Is there anything you can suggest or should I just use the outlook new from Microsoft, which I still have but it's a pain to use with screen readers. Thanks soo much, Ashleigh P

Open

Trouble reading emails with a screenreader (JAWS)

I am totally blind and have the most current version of JAWS, Windows 11 Pro, and Thunderbird installed on my HP desktop. Somehow, I'm no longer able to navigate between… (daɗa karatu)

I am totally blind and have the most current version of JAWS, Windows 11 Pro, and Thunderbird installed on my HP desktop. Somehow, I'm no longer able to navigate between accounts on this computer. (I'm currently using another computer to send this message). On my other system, JAWS reads/speaks everything, whether I'm in Word, Edge, or Chrome. In Thunderbird, I get a "forms open" sound, and the speech says, "about". When I hit the Escape key, I'm out of "forms mode," and the screen seems to be blank. I can't seem to tab anywhere or get into any of the accounts to read my email. How do I fix this? I don't want to hve to uninstall Thumderbird and risk losing all my emails. (All accounts set up for IMAP).--Matthew Chao

Open 1 20

after Thunderbird crash cannot receive or send emails

After the crash this morning (19/9/26) I cannot receive or send emails but can access existing emails (open them as well) I spoke to Telstra & they tested my bigpon… (daɗa karatu)

After the crash this morning (19/9/26) I cannot receive or send emails but can access existing emails (open them as well) I spoke to Telstra & they tested my bigpond.net.au account & advised all working So must be Thunderbird. In dealing with Telstra I changed my password. I have tried the old passwod & the new password but error message comes up log in to "Telstra account [redacted] @bigpond.net.au (POP3) failed" as I cannot receive emails can I be contacted via [redacted] or [redacted] @gmail.com Hoping this can be fixed Thanks Peter Carson Cleveland, Queensland


/redacted phone# and emails from public community support forum.

Open 1

I need help with increasing font size for the text when reading emails.

The method I formally used (Ctrl+) to increase text font size is no long working nor is Ctrl with mouse scrolling, nor is any other options I've found in settings. The f… (daɗa karatu)

The method I formally used (Ctrl+) to increase text font size is no long working nor is Ctrl with mouse scrolling, nor is any other options I've found in settings. The font size on header and side bars is increasing but not the text of emails.

Solved 3 40

Using the font settings in Thunderbird does not seem to be working.

My eyesight5 is pretty bad. I'm trying to make the display fonts quite large (32), but nothing seems to be working. The settings allows me to select a font and set the si… (daɗa karatu)

My eyesight5 is pretty bad. I'm trying to make the display fonts quite large (32), but nothing seems to be working. The settings allows me to select a font and set the size from a pull down list, but nothing changes. Presentation and functional operation should be isolated from each other as possible.

Solved 2 30

Unable to access email

I have had the account: X@foxbus.com for many years. I am unable to receive or send emails. Need tech assistance ASAP. Has not worked in a week. Please use: Y@yahoo.co… (daɗa karatu)

I have had the account: X@foxbus.com for many years. I am unable to receive or send emails. Need tech assistance ASAP. Has not worked in a week.

Please use: Y@yahoo.com since I cant access foxbus.com

Chris Manera <redacted phone>

Open 1 61

No longer can sign in

Can not get my password to be accepted. Since I am on this page I know the email address is correct Do You have an idea how You can get Me a phone number to ask for help… (daɗa karatu)

Can not get my password to be accepted. Since I am on this page I know the email address is correct Do You have an idea how You can get Me a phone number to ask for help? O don't want to list a number here to call since I might have been scammed and fear the number would be fake callback..

Open 1 20

Update 7-21-26 Messed Up My computer Again

The update 140.13 messed up my computer-again. My Mozilla Thunderbird emails, folders are gone, my address book is still there. All personal email messages and folders ar… (daɗa karatu)

The update 140.13 messed up my computer-again. My Mozilla Thunderbird emails, folders are gone, my address book is still there. All personal email messages and folders are gone. I am a member of the Foster Care Review Board and I can not recreate my folders that were saved with information. I have information on the state court system, but now the business and information messages are gone. They are just as important as to what the court system has. This happened with the last update and it was a horrible mess. I was never able to get anything at all back from Thunderbird. I had to set up emails again recreate email folders and individual saved folders to move forward. This time, like the last update, the computer keeps crashing when Firefox is open, the update changed settings in Firefox and on my computer. Wiped out restore points and my partition drive. I need to get rid of this update and don't tell me how dangerous going backwards is because what happened now is absolutely worse. I run anti-spyware, clearing cache, etc. on a daily basis. I have anti-virus programs running 24-7. No problems whatsoever until this update. Someone please tell me how to get rid of it. I am looking for another email program and another browser. I have used Firefox forever, but I am done, moving on to something that doesn't change my settings, delete my email programs or crash my computer. I do not need or want this stress. I am using Windows 10. Any insight to restore my Thunderbird folders so I can move them to a non Mozilla email program?

Open 1 10

Why was the Options button on the remote content box moved to the left side?

After being on the right side for decades, the Options button on the remote content box was moved to the left side. How does this improve accessibility for the average … (daɗa karatu)

After being on the right side for decades, the Options button on the remote content box was moved to the left side. How does this improve accessibility for the average user? Is there a rational reason for doing so?

Open 1 10

visual improvments

I am visually impaired and need to increase the font and make them clearer, but I can't find any help with that problem. I guess if you have problems seeing the page, the… (daɗa karatu)

I am visually impaired and need to increase the font and make them clearer, but I can't find any help with that problem. I guess if you have problems seeing the page, there is nothing you can do to make it better.

Open 1

Does an accessibility conformance report or VPAT exist for Thunderbird?

We are undergoing an accessibility audit of all our information communication technology solutions for a local government entity. This audit is to ensure our compliance w… (daɗa karatu)

We are undergoing an accessibility audit of all our information communication technology solutions for a local government entity. This audit is to ensure our compliance with the updated Americans with Disabilities Act Title II Rule on Web Content and Mobile App Accessibility regulations in advance of the April 2027 enforcement date.

Does an Accessibility Conformance Report or VPAT with the WCAG standards used and conformance level noted exist for Thunderbird? We are hoping to find these for Thunderbird Desktop as well as Thunderbird Mobile (iOS and Android).

Open 1 10

Sorry. I need to try to access my previous questions when my ;ate hsband's TB crashed during power outage. It was solved about 2 years ago

TB is hung up on my late husband's computer and none of the suggestions made has released it. Current advisors are Windows people and this is an old Mac Mini running OS 1… (daɗa karatu)

TB is hung up on my late husband's computer and none of the suggestions made has released it. Current advisors are Windows people and this is an old Mac Mini running OS 10.13. One of your advisors solved a similar problem two years ago and David told me I could open that message by clicking on Robert as question originator. Please email mr at X@perless.com if you have comments or questions.

(PII redacted by moderator)

Open 2 30

Why does my post have to wait for a moderator?

After click, Ask a question, a banner pops up saying my post is awaiting approval by a moderator. Why? What did I do or say that appeared so negative as to require approv… (daɗa karatu)

After click, Ask a question, a banner pops up saying my post is awaiting approval by a moderator. Why? What did I do or say that appeared so negative as to require approval first? IMO, it takes time for a Mod to mod it. Then it goes out for some people to see. It's not good for business if there is no wait time, and it a waste of time, if the problem asked, has a answer in a holding pattern, that goes in to a holding pattern again if/when the Post is permitted. Very odd..

Solved 2 20

Matt and David, I apologize. I can’t access your comments on computer because Tobert ms email is down

There is a post from Mozilla which said your comments were written by a bot. The problem is that there is no access to the comments through my iPhone even though I logged… (daɗa karatu)

There is a post from Mozilla which said your comments were written by a bot. The problem is that there is no access to the comments through my iPhone even though I logged in with Robert’s email and password. I apologize profusely. But there is no way that I can respond instead of creating a new subject.i’m normally reasonably capable of running a computer.I have a 4 y/o M1 mini running some version of 16.

Open 1 60