Showing questions for topic:
Nuna amsoshi da aka yiwa shaida:

Every time there is an update, Firefox creates a new profile and hides all passowrds etc.

Every time there is an update, Firefox creates a new profile and hides all passwords etc. It is therefore impossible to work with it now. With 157 I now have a worthless … (daɗa karatu)

Every time there is an update, Firefox creates a new profile and hides all passwords etc. It is therefore impossible to work with it now. With 157 I now have a worthless Firefox, because all links, passwords, settings etc have been cleared and a new profile has been created.

Solved 3

Profile swtich button does not show up in profile menu

Title. Whenever I click the profile button on just this profile, it doesn't give me the option to switch to different profiles. This problem doesn't exist on my other pro… (daɗa karatu)

Title. Whenever I click the profile button on just this profile, it doesn't give me the option to switch to different profiles. This problem doesn't exist on my other profiles.

Open

Taskbar profile icons missing

For some reason, on my main PC (Windows 10) the icons for different profiles are not displayed over taskbar Firefox icons, while on my laptop (W11) it's properly displaye… (daɗa karatu)

For some reason, on my main PC (Windows 10) the icons for different profiles are not displayed over taskbar Firefox icons, while on my laptop (W11) it's properly displayed. Previously I've used Brave with multiple profiles and profile icons were properly showing on taskbar.

I'm not sure if it's related to system version or some settings, I would greatly appreciate any help as this makes it hard to work with multiple profiles open at the same time.

On the topic of profiles, I would like to suggest two handy changes: 1. separating windows on taskbar by profile would be helpful, like in Brave, where all profiles are not glued together as single row of icons on taskbar. 2. Changing browser icon by profile (the fox icon that can be changed in Appearance settings), they more larger and easier to differentiate, especially as profile icons are all white.

Open

How to disable/remove the profile system

Hello, I need clear instructions for completely disabling/removing Firefox's local profile system from my Firefox installation. I want to use my Mozilla account only, wit… (daɗa karatu)

Hello,

I need clear instructions for completely disabling/removing Firefox's local profile system from my Firefox installation.

I want to use my Mozilla account only, without having separate Firefox profiles such as “Adina” or “Profile 1”. I do not want Firefox to create, display, or require local profiles, profile selectors, or profile-specific icons.

My current situation is:

  • Firefox has created two profiles: “Adina” and “Profile 1”.
  • My Mozilla account is the account I want to use.
  • I want my Firefox data to remain associated with my Mozilla account.
  • I do NOT want to manage separate local Firefox profiles.
  • I want Firefox to behave as a single browser connected to my Mozilla account, without the new profile system.

Please tell me exactly how to disable the profile system completely, if this is possible in the current Firefox version. If it is not possible, please explain why and whether there is an official setting or supported configuration that makes Firefox use only my Mozilla account without these additional profiles.

Please do not just tell me how to switch between profiles or set one profile as default. I specifically want to disable/remove the profile system itself.

Thank you.

Open 1 1 10