Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Eheka Pytyvõha

Emboyke pytyvõha apovai. Ndorojeruremo’ãi ehenói térã eñe’ẽmondóvo pumbyrýpe ha emoherakuãvo marandu nemba’etéva. Emombe’u tembiapo imarãkuaáva ko “Marandu iñañáva” rupive.

Kuaave
Ñongatupyre

Customise auto generated passwords

sam.osullivan

Hi. Usually any passwords auto generated by Firefox used uppercase, lowercase, and numbers - no symbols. As of very recently, all passwords being generated now include special characters. I didn't change this so I assume it came with an update.

Ordinarily this would be fine, however the characters being inserted are often invalid ones and I've found a few websites unable to accept passwords including them, such as < and : making the generated password useless.

Is there a way to customise how passwords are generated? I've looked through settings but can't see any way to adjust it. I'd prefer to remove special characters completely. Thanks!

Hi. Usually any passwords auto generated by Firefox used uppercase, lowercase, and numbers - no symbols. As of very recently, all passwords being generated now include special characters. I didn't change this so I assume it came with an update. Ordinarily this would be fine, however the characters being inserted are often invalid ones and I've found a few websites unable to accept passwords including them, such as < and : making the generated password useless. Is there a way to customise how passwords are generated? I've looked through settings but can't see any way to adjust it. I'd prefer to remove special characters completely. Thanks!

Opaite Mbohovái (1)

There's only global signon.improvedPasswordRules.enabled preference in about:config.