Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Eheka Pytyvõha

Emboyke pytyvõha apovai. Ndorojeruremo’ãi ehenói térã eñe’ẽmondóvo pumbyrýpe ha emoherakuãvo marandu nemba’etéva. Emombe’u tembiapo imarãkuaáva ko “Marandu iñañáva” rupive.

Kuaave
Ñongatupyre

How to disable stripping signatures in plain-text replies?

purefanatic

Thunderbird automatically recognizes text after a single line consisting of two dashes as a signature. When replying via plain text to an email that contains such a signature, Thunderbird strips it off the quotation, including the dashes. I consider this an anti-feature for several reasons:

1. The stripped citation looks bad because it ends with an empty line prefixed by a > sign. 2. I'd like the citation to preserve the original mail as close as possible unless I choose to cite only parts of the text. 3. This kind of signature detection is fundamentally flawed - an earlier quoted mail might follow after the signature which is then also stripped. 4. It is inconsistent because it does not happen when replying via HTML mail.

How do I disable this behaviour? Ideally I'd also like to disable the different coloring of signatures in plain text mails.

Thunderbird automatically recognizes text after a single line consisting of two dashes as a signature. When replying via plain text to an email that contains such a signature, Thunderbird strips it off the quotation, including the dashes. I consider this an anti-feature for several reasons: 1. The stripped citation looks bad because it ends with an empty line prefixed by a > sign. 2. I'd like the citation to preserve the original mail as close as possible unless I choose to cite only parts of the text. 3. This kind of signature detection is fundamentally flawed - an earlier quoted mail might follow after the signature which is then also stripped. 4. It is inconsistent because it does not happen when replying via HTML mail. How do I disable this behaviour? Ideally I'd also like to disable the different coloring of signatures in plain text mails.

Opaite Mbohovái (1)