This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
When I open Firefox several other web pages open with it. I have run my anti-virus programs but nothing is found. What do I need to do to clean this up?
I am running Firefox 9.0.1 and can not clean out a virus or malware that is causing several web pages to open when I open Firefox.
All Replies (1)
Do a malware check with some malware scan programs. You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware. Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and Searches are redirected to another site