Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
Websites suddenly are jarbled/not displaying or working properly
Hi. Recently several of my favorite webpages are displaying properly, for instance links, pictures, etc are displayed all over the webpages or content is missing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling firefox, clearing the cache, disabled ad block etc but nothing is working. Not sure if this is related but netflix isn't working as well. Permanent black screen when trying to play a movie. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you!
All Replies (5)
Here is an example of the webpage not working.
Hello dizzieko03, any luck if you disabling graphics hardware acceleration ?
Then perform these steps:
- Click the orange Firefox button at the top left, then select the "Options" button, or, if there is no Firefox button at the top, go to Tools > Options.
- In the Firefox options window click the Advanced tab, then select "General".
- In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
- Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.
Additionally, please check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in the following Knowledge base articles:
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thanks. I tried this out but it was only a temporary fixed. The websites were working again about 10 hours ago but stopped working again this afternoon. Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks.
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window.
I was having the same problem. Thought I had cleared the cache before but using the shift-reload worked for me. This started happening right after I was upgraded to 27.01 of firefox