Again, constantly getting update notifications on a daily basis even after updating
I am sick and tired of receiving almost daily update notifications AFTER UPDATING!
How dare you intrude on our space and badger us on a daily basis. FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM AND DON'T DARE TRYING TO BLAME US FOR THIS CONSTANT HARASSMENT.
TURN IT OFF!!!!!!!!
All Replies (3)
We update Firefox monthly with new features together with security and stability updates in a way not dissimilar with other software on your computer.
There are rare occasions where an intermediate issue is discovered where other updates may be nessescary - this is considered very carefully and with appreciation of the next regular update.
This site gives the current version numbers together with the date of the next regular update:
YOU ARE WRONG AS THIS IS A 2 TO # TIMES A DAY ISSUE EVEN AFTER I UPDATE - AND YOU KNOW THIS!
Either you or your Firefox indicated that your current version is 114.0.2
Since 114.0.2, there have already been 3 new releases: 115.0, 115.0.1, and 115.0.2. Release notes are available at https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/releases/
I see you posted about this a few months ago seeking a way to only be notified every two to four weeks: https://support.mozilla.org/questions/1406638
You could try modifying the notification interval. I haven't tested this myself:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.
More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. The moderators would like us to remind you that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.
(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste app.update.interval and pause while the list is filtered
This value is in seconds. The default of 43200 equates to 12 hours (60*60*12).
(3) To see whether this can be extended to 7 days, double-click the preference to display an editing field, and change the value to 604800 (60*60*24*7) then press Enter or click the blue check mark button to save the change.
(4) In the search box in the page, type or paste app.update.background.interval and pause while the list is filtered
This value is in seconds. The default of 25200 equates to 7 hours (60*60*7).
(5) To see whether this can be extended to 7 days, double-click the preference to display an editing field, and change the value to 604800 (60*60*24*7) then press Enter or click the blue check mark button to save the change.
I'll be curious to hear whether that makes any difference, or whether the notifications are on a separate clock from the update checks.