my browser/tab titles have disappeared and I've tried everything. any advice?
I rely on browser titles as an visual anchor while switching between tabs to remember where I am. recently they've disappeared and I've tried
- hamburger menu > customize > toggling "show title" - tinkering with addons - tinkering with preferences - quitting and restarting - toggling addons
any ideas? page titles are one of the reasons I switched full time to Firefox and I'm frustrated! TIA
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems, Inc. Shockwave Flash Widevine Content Decryption Module provided by Google Inc.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:71.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/71.0
Sorry, there is an issue in Mac OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks) where the tab title doesn't appear in the title bar in Firefox 70+. Users first reported it in https://support.mozilla.org/questions/1271477 (unsolved). [bug1591392]
Does it make any difference if you switch off the preference related to the major change in Firefox 70 related to how screen layout changes are sent to MacOS:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste core and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the gfx.core-animation.enabled preference to switch the value from true to false
If that has any effect, you probably won't notice until after you Quit and restart Firefox.
Athraithe ag jscher2000 ar