Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
Cartlannaithe

Clicking on a link opens firefox to the default page not the link

sthibault

When I click on a link, say in a messaging application like signal desktop or pidgin, or click on a button in an application that would take me to a web page Firefox opens a new window, but stays on the default page and never navigates to the link, nor is that link in the address bar either.


I'm running on Ubuntu 16.04.3 and Firefox 58.0.2 (64-bit)

When I click on a link, say in a messaging application like signal desktop or pidgin, or click on a button in an application that would take me to a web page Firefox opens a new window, but stays on the default page and never navigates to the link, nor is that link in the address bar either. I'm running on Ubuntu 16.04.3 and Firefox 58.0.2 (64-bit)

Athraithe ag sthibault ar

All Replies (1)

You can check if thee %u parameter (Exec=firefox %u) is present in the .desktop file to pass the URL to Firefox.