Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
Cannot load XPCOM error message on startup
I can't open Firefox. Get error message XPCOM.
To avoid repetition, I have exactly the same problem as listed in these two threads:
However, in my case neither of the solutions posted works. I've not created any start-up shortcuts, I've rebooted several times and I've tried a complete clean reinstall.
The error started after an automatic update to COMODO Firewall software and so may be related to that. No other software seems to be a problem and Firefox still works on another machine with the same operating system that doesn't use COMODO.
Software versions are: Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition SP2 Installed Comodo Firewall Product Version 7.0.317799.4142 Firefox Version 31.0
All Replies (1)
Do a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox program folder before (re)installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
- Download the full Firefox installer and save the file to the desktop
If possible uninstall your current Firefox version to cleanup the Windows registry and settings in security software.
- Do NOT remove "personal data" when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because this will remove all profile folders and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords including data in profiles created by other Firefox versions.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (32 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (64 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other personal data are stored in the Firefox profile folder and won't be affected by an uninstall and (re)install, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.