Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Archivé

Stop beeping noise in iceweasel

ChaseBeasy

I am currently running icewaesel on debian 7. I am using speech synthesis. For some reason while in Iceweasel I hear a repetitive beeping noise and it is driving me mad. How do I stop this beeping noise?

I am currently running icewaesel on debian 7. I am using speech synthesis. For some reason while in Iceweasel I hear a repetitive beeping noise and it is driving me mad. How do I stop this beeping noise?

Toutes les réponses (2)

Hey, can you update your firefox? goto Help->about firefox and update it.

No. Help > About Icewease does not have an option to update. I am not using firefox. I am using Iceweasel and I am running on debian wheezy.

I used the command terminal to update to see if that would solve the issue I am having:

chase@debian:~$ su Password: root@debian:/home/chase# sudo apt-get install iceweasel Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done iceweasel is already the newest version. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.


Iceweasel is up to date. Any other ideas? This is driving me crazy. While wheezy is reading for me I have this continual beep looping as well....