Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Résolu Archivé

Why do I have multiple processes?

jamr

I have Firefox 15.0.1. I have just noticed that when I start Firefox there are 2 FlashPlayerPlugin_11_4_402.exe*32 processes running in Task Manager. I can delete one of these without causing a problem.

I have Firefox 15.0.1. I have just noticed that when I start Firefox there are 2 FlashPlayerPlugin_11_4_402.exe*32 processes running in Task Manager. I can delete one of these without causing a problem.

Toutes les réponses (4)

Solution choisie

On Windows 7 and Windows Vista, Flash 11.3 and higher use a "protected mode" which can spawn multiple processes for better isolation. For some people, it creates crashes or other problems, but if you haven't noticed any issues, it's probably best to ignore it.

Thanks jscher2000.

Thank you for the detailed explanation cor-el.