Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Résolu Archivé

When going to my banks website, FF does not automatically retain my user ID and/or password. Tried the cookies repair to no avail. Help please.

gravitysucks

I want FF to automatically fill in my user ID and password when I visit my banks website. I tried looking at the cookies repair information and that does not seem to help. What else?

I want FF to automatically fill in my user ID and password when I visit my banks website. I tried looking at the cookies repair information and that does not seem to help. What else?
Lire cette réponse dans son contexte

Solution choisie

Thanks, but that's what I told, the form forbids to save the data: <form autocomplete="off">.

When autocomplete is off, FF is not able to store the login/password. You can force Firefox to autocomplete but it's at your own risks, see http://www.techzilo.com/force-auto-complete-fill-forms-firefox/ (or search on Google).

Toutes les réponses (5)

Of course, it doesn't!!! Imagine if someone uses your Firefox session and is able to connect to your online bank account without your permission? Some websites can report to the browsers to not save the login/password locally (with a special attribute in HTML forms).

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand your security concerns. But as with my old bank's website (that bank was bought by new bank), FF retained my user ID, thereby making logging in quicker and simpler. Would like to duplicate that ease of logging in. I asked the new bank's help desk and they seem to think it is a FF problem since they say it works with others.

Is it possible to provide the link to your bank's website? I will tell you if it's possible or not to save your login/pwd.

Sure thing

Modifié le par gravitysucks

Solution choisie

Thanks, but that's what I told, the form forbids to save the data: <form autocomplete="off">.

When autocomplete is off, FF is not able to store the login/password. You can force Firefox to autocomplete but it's at your own risks, see http://www.techzilo.com/force-auto-complete-fill-forms-firefox/ (or search on Google).