Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Archivé

Site claims video blocked by ad blocker in browser

ral

The error message is "The video you have requested is either unavailable or is being blocked by an ad blocker installed in your browser".

IE8 plays the video without problem.

FF played this and other videos from http://www.startrek.com/videos/star-trek-enterprise/all/full/episode without problem until I installed

E.M. Youtube Video Download Tool (http://www.effectmatrix.com/Youtube_video_download_tool/).

I removed that program (with Revo Uninstaller) but it looks as if some setting I can't find was changed.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

The error message is "The video you have requested is either unavailable or is being blocked by an ad blocker installed in your browser". IE8 plays the video without problem. FF played this and other videos from http://www.startrek.com/videos/star-trek-enterprise/all/full/episode without problem until I installed E.M. Youtube Video Download Tool (http://www.effectmatrix.com/Youtube_video_download_tool/). I removed that program (with Revo Uninstaller) but it looks as if some setting I can't find was changed. Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Toutes les réponses (3)

Firefox doesn't come with an "ad blocker".

Modifié le par the-edmeister

The problem went away on its own, so this topic can be closed.

If you are still around you should update your plug-ins which are seriously out of date - http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/