Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Ouvert

My spell check only occasionally activates.

sparrow08

Hi, my spell check only rarely works, I have tried adding more dictionaries, but as it works sometimes, I assume it is something else that is the problem, I had asked about this in another thread, but cannot find it.

So basically if I right click there is no spell check option most of the time. I have also installed LT check spelling and Grammer, not if that interferes with spell check, I feel I had this installed after the problem started, I tried disabling it, but spell check still only activates intermittently.

Hi, my spell check only rarely works, I have tried adding more dictionaries, but as it works sometimes, I assume it is something else that is the problem, I had asked about this in another thread, but cannot find it. So basically if I right click there is no spell check option most of the time. I have also installed LT check spelling and Grammer, not if that interferes with spell check, I feel I had this installed after the problem started, I tried disabling it, but spell check still only activates intermittently.

Toutes les réponses (4)

Have you checked if it's tied to a specific site or text field? Firefox spell check sometimes only fires on certain inputs. Also worth testing in a fresh profile with all extensions off — if it works fine there, one of your add-ons is likely the culprit, even if it started before you installed LT if you need an online tool u can use google translation or this https://www.translationservices.pk/free-online-translation/

Thank you for the reply. It works on youtube and facebook occasionally, not many other places I comment or write really, I tried starting up firefox in safe mode, and removing then replacing spell check, but it is still sporadic.

If it only works intermittently, I’d check whether Check Spelling is enabled in the right-click menu and test Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode.

Since LanguageTool is already installed, disabling it temporarily is also worth testing to rule out an extension conflict.

Yes it is checked in the tick box, when I go into settings, I kept trying to untick then tick again, and yes I have tried safe mode. I have also tried using about config fixes, by checking the true value.

Poser une question

Vous devez vous identifier avec votre compte pour répondre aux messages. Veuillez poser une nouvelle question, si vous n’avez pas encore de compte.