Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Ouvert

how do I turn off search suggestions, totally and permanently?

DRWin

running windows 11 with latest firefox. how do I turn off search suggestions, totally and permanently? I have looked at Settings and can find no such option. it's terribly distracting.

running windows 11 with latest firefox. how do I turn off search suggestions, totally and permanently? I have looked at Settings and can find no such option. it's terribly distracting.

Toutes les réponses (3)

Hello,

To turn off search suggestions in Firefox, click the menu button, select settings, selecting search tab in the left, and uncheck show search suggestions.

Thank you, but I had previously done that and it had no observable effect - tons of suggestions. I did it again and it still has no observable effect. I even unchecked every box including history, etc. No effect. I was using Google as my search engine; I even tried using DuckDuck Go as my search engine, still can't stop the suggestions.

Hi, not sure what exactly you are looking for, but try what's suggested here: https://support.mozilla.org/questions/1284577#answer-1305964

Poser une question

Vous devez vous identifier avec votre compte pour répondre aux messages. Veuillez poser une nouvelle question, si vous n’avez pas encore de compte.