Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Résolu Archivé

Firefox v40.0.3 does not launch

soumenray

I am attempting to create a customized installation package for Mozilla Firefox v40.0.3.


>> OS : Windows 7 SP1 x64 <<----

I have performed a Custom installation of the browser (unchecked 'Install Maintenance Service' check-box).

After successful installation, copied the following files to the respective directories:

1. Copied 'local-settings.js' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref'


Contents of this file-----------

pref("general.config.obscure_value", 0); pref("general.config.filename", "mozilla.cfg");



2. Copied 'mozilla.cfg' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox'


Contents of this file-----------

// pref("browser.startup.homepage", http://intranet/); pref("browser.shell.checkDefaultBrowser", false); pref("app.update.auto", false); pref("app.update.enabled", false); pref("app.update.service.enabled", false); pref("browser.cache.disk.smart_size.use_old_max", false); pref("browser.search.update", false); pref("datareporting.healthreport.uploadEnabled", false); pref("signon.rememberSignons", false);


After performing these steps, when I attempt to launch firefox, it fails to launch at all. No errors are displayed. In Task manager, I noticed firefox.exe getting invoked but it exits within seconds.

What is the cause? Please help.

I am attempting to create a customized installation package for Mozilla Firefox v40.0.3. ---->> OS : Windows 7 SP1 x64 <<---- I have performed a Custom installation of the browser (unchecked 'Install Maintenance Service' check-box). After successful installation, copied the following files to the respective directories: 1. Copied 'local-settings.js' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref' -----Contents of this file----------- pref("general.config.obscure_value", 0); pref("general.config.filename", "mozilla.cfg"); -------------------------------------------- 2. Copied 'mozilla.cfg' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox' ---------Contents of this file----------- // pref("browser.startup.homepage", http://intranet/); pref("browser.shell.checkDefaultBrowser", false); pref("app.update.auto", false); pref("app.update.enabled", false); pref("app.update.service.enabled", false); pref("browser.cache.disk.smart_size.use_old_max", false); pref("browser.search.update", false); pref("datareporting.healthreport.uploadEnabled", false); pref("signon.rememberSignons", false); --------------------------------------------------------------- After performing these steps, when I attempt to launch firefox, it fails to launch at all. No errors are displayed. In Task manager, I noticed firefox.exe getting invoked but it exits within seconds. What is the cause? Please help.
Lire cette réponse dans son contexte

Solution choisie

There are no quotes around the browser.startup.homepage value.

//
pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://intranet/");
pref("browser.shell.checkDefaultBrowser", false);
pref("app.update.auto", false);
pref("app.update.enabled", false);
pref("app.update.service.enabled", false);
pref("browser.cache.disk.smart_size.use_old_max", false);
pref("browser.search.update", false);
pref("datareporting.healthreport.uploadEnabled", false);
pref("signon.rememberSignons", false);

Toutes les réponses (5)

First, remove everything you did to see if Firefox will work properly. You may want to just remove the current Firefox folders and re-install.

If it works, make one change, Then test FF.

Yes. Firefox functions as expected when I remove the 'local-settings.js' and 'mozilla.cfg' files from there respective locations. I dont know what is wrong with the content of these files. I created these referring to instructions provided at [http://kb.mozillazine.org/Locking_pre.../Locking_preferences] .

Please help. I am at my wits end with this.

What ou want to do is above my knowledge. I've called the big guys to help you. Good luck.

Solution choisie

There are no quotes around the browser.startup.homepage value.

//
pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://intranet/");
pref("browser.shell.checkDefaultBrowser", false);
pref("app.update.auto", false);
pref("app.update.enabled", false);
pref("app.update.service.enabled", false);
pref("browser.cache.disk.smart_size.use_old_max", false);
pref("browser.search.update", false);
pref("datareporting.healthreport.uploadEnabled", false);
pref("signon.rememberSignons", false);

Thanks a ton. That resolved the issue.