SUMO community discussions

Do you contribute to SUMO from the U.S.? Please tell us where you are located

1. Hello fellow SUMO contributors,

I am taking a poll to see where you hail from in the U.S. SUMO would also like your input so we can get a consensus for possible U.S. based SUMO events and what the best location would be to host such an event.

Nothing is in the works at the moment, but with enough interest and support from the community, it could become a reality. So show your SUMO love and please participate in this poll.

Thanks,

Heather

Hello fellow SUMO contributors, I am taking a poll to see where you hail from in the U.S. SUMO would also like your input so we can get a consensus for possible U.S. based SUMO events and what the best location would be to host such an event. Nothing is in the works at the moment, but with enough interest and support from the community, it could become a reality. So show your SUMO love and please participate in this poll. Thanks, Heather
  2. How about North America? ;-)

How about North America? ;-)
  3. Yes we can expand it to all North America :)

Yes we can expand it to all North America :)
  4. Can you harvest locations from our profiles? Is there a non-public way to submit information for those who do not have it in their profiles?

https://support.mozilla.org/user/jscher2000

Can you harvest locations from our profiles? Is there a non-public way to submit information for those who do not have it in their profiles? https://support.mozilla.org/user/jscher2000
  5. You could also ask for an update to the community map. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/forums/contributors/287167

You could also ask for an update to the community map. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/forums/contributors/287167
  6. Hiya

Just to check...this is a poll, not a caucus or a primary?

I am not from or in North America, but unless this is for the "Mozilla for President" campaign, I hope we can avoid the electioneering here.

Hiya Just to check...this is a poll, not a caucus or a primary? I am not from or in North America, but unless this is for the "Mozilla for President" campaign, I hope we can avoid the electioneering here.

Modified by Paul on

7. Seburo, I'm not sure if you're joking. Sometimes community members get together in person. Heather is gathering information about the possibility of having a sumo event in the US. There are similar Mozilla community events all over the world.

Seburo, I'm not sure if you're joking. Sometimes community members get together in person. Heather is gathering information about the possibility of having a sumo event in the US. There are similar Mozilla community events all over the world.
  8. Chris Ilias said

Seburo, I'm not sure if you're joking. Sometimes community members get together in person. Heather is gathering information about the possibility of having a sumo event in the US. There are similar Mozilla community events all over the world.

Apologies Chris, it was a (very dry) joke. :-)

To be honest, over here on this rainswept island off the coast of Europe, the UK community is struggling a little so I fully appreciate efforts to join people up across Mozilla and work together on things.

''Chris Ilias [[#post-68227|said]]'' <blockquote> Seburo, I'm not sure if you're joking. Sometimes community members get together in person. Heather is gathering information about the possibility of having a sumo event in the US. There are similar Mozilla community events all over the world. </blockquote> Apologies Chris, it was a (very dry) joke. :-) To be honest, over here on this rainswept island off the coast of Europe, the UK community is struggling a little so I fully appreciate efforts to join people up across Mozilla and work together on things.
  9. Seburo said

Apologies Chris, it was a (very dry) joke. :-)

British humour :D

''Seburo [[#post-68228|said]]'' <blockquote> Apologies Chris, it was a (very dry) joke. :-) </blockquote> [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_humor British humour] :D
  10. Thank for all your ideas on how we can gather information on where in North America everyone is located.

Chris, I wasn't sure about the joke either.

Seburo, but I get it now :)

jscher2000 hmmm, do you know how to do that?

How could we update the community map Madasan?

Thank for all your ideas on how we can gather information on where in North America everyone is located. Chris, I wasn't sure about the joke either. Seburo, but I get it now :) jscher2000 hmmm, do you know how to do that? How could we update the community map Madasan?
  11. Heather said

jscher2000 hmmm, do you know how to do that?

I am not knowledgeable about the back end, but if you start by generating a list of all profiles that even have a location, that might help determine whether it would be useful.

''Heather [[#post-68264|said]]'' <blockquote> jscher2000 hmmm, do you know how to do that? </blockquote> I am not knowledgeable about the back end, but if you start by generating a list of all profiles that even have a location, that might help determine whether it would be useful.
  12. I am going to work on.a map for sumo soon

I am going to work on.a map for sumo soon

Modified by guigs on