SUMO community discussions

Mozilla support client

1. Over the past few days, I've been working on a client for Mozilla support that helps you find questions that you know the answer to. It guesses what category a question fits in, and keeps track of how many questions you answer (or not) in that category. Over time, it adjusts the list of questions it shows based on what you have answered in the past.

Link is http://palmeral.github.io/mozilla-support-reader/.

(performance isn't very good, so it can up to ~10 seconds for the questions to appear.)

I would really appreciate feedback on this, specifically:

• are the categories it assigns to questions correct?
    • after using it for a bit, are the questions it shows relevant? (the sorting only changes when the page is reloaded, so you will have to reload the page for it to adjust the question list)
    • How can the "troubleshooting information" section be improved?
    • Are there any other features you'd like to see it have?

(Also, I need a name for it. If you have any suggestions, let me know.)

Over the past few days, I've been working on a client for Mozilla support that helps you find questions that you know the answer to. It guesses what category a question fits in, and keeps track of how many questions you answer (or not) in that category. Over time, it adjusts the list of questions it shows based on what you have answered in the past. Link is http://palmeral.github.io/mozilla-support-reader/. (performance isn't very good, so it can up to ~10 seconds for the questions to appear.) I would really appreciate feedback on this, specifically: * are the categories it assigns to questions correct? * after using it for a bit, are the questions it shows relevant? (the sorting only changes when the page is reloaded, so you will have to reload the page for it to adjust the question list) * How can the "troubleshooting information" section be improved? * Are there any other features you'd like to see it have? (Also, I need a name for it. If you have any suggestions, let me know.)
  2. This. Is. Awesome.

If there are things in the API that you need to do this better, please let us know. I'm more than happy to spend time improving the API to make tools like this better.

This. Is. Awesome. If there are things in the API that you need to do this better, please let us know. I'm more than happy to spend time improving the API to make tools like this better.
  3. +1, this is awesome. We built this API so things like this could happen; I'm really excited it is actually happening. This looks really helpful, great work!

As far as things to improve, you could probably use the SUMO login APIs (hopefully we can get documentation for this soon) to post answers to the questions directly, or look at what a user has answered in the past to build the relevant categories more quickly.

And again, like Will said, if there is anything we can improve in the API to help out, please let us know.

+1, this is awesome. We built this API so things like this could happen; I'm really excited it is actually happening. This looks really helpful, great work! As far as things to improve, you could probably use the SUMO login APIs (hopefully we can get documentation for this soon) to post answers to the questions directly, or look at what a user has answered in the past to build the relevant categories more quickly. And again, like Will said, if there is anything we can improve in the API to help out, please let us know.
  4. Sweeet. Need to check this out.

Sweeet. Need to check this out.