SUMO community discussions

complaint from a user: "It was hard to find the keyboard shortcuts help page"

1. From /questions/765130 :

From the Firefox menu I chose "Help" / "Firefox Help" and entered "keyboard shortcuts", then "Firefox Keyboard Shortcuts" and couldn't find the page for about five minutes.

I noticed that you only see a link to the Keyboard Shortcuts article and no preview text if you enter keyboard or keyboard shortcuts in the search box after pressing the F1 key.
    I also missed it myself the first time.

From [/questions/765130] : <blockquote>From the Firefox menu I chose "Help" / "Firefox Help" and entered "keyboard shortcuts", then "Firefox Keyboard Shortcuts" and couldn't find the page for about five minutes. </blockquote> I noticed that you only see a link to the [[Keyboard Shortcuts]] article and no preview text if you enter '''keyboard''' or '''keyboard shortcuts''' in the search box after pressing the F1 key.<br /> I also missed it myself the first time.
  2. We'll be fixing this kind of thing with the new KB. First, we've improved the search backend. Second, we've added a keywords section to articles which will let us affect search results. And third, we've added a summary section that can be used to customize the article summary that shows up in the search results.

We'll be fixing this kind of thing with the new KB. First, we've improved the search backend. Second, we've added a keywords section to articles which will let us affect search results. And third, we've added a summary section that can be used to customize the article summary that shows up in the search results.