Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Etsi tuesta

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Lue lisää
Arkistoitu

How do I configure Firefox4 so my home page (Google) opens when I open a new tab?

D_Hailsham

Google is set as my default home page and it opens when I start Firefox. But if I open another tab, all I get is a blank page. I have to click the "home" button to go to Google. I would prefer to go to Google automatically. You can do this in IE8.

Google is set as my default home page and it opens when I start Firefox. But if I open another tab, all I get is a blank page. I have to click the "home" button to go to Google. I would prefer to go to Google automatically. You can do this in IE8.

Kaikki vastaukset (2)

You can middle-click or Ctrl left-click the Home button on the Navigation toolbar to open the Home page in a new tab.

You can look at one of these extensions:

Thanks for replying.

The middle-click/Ctrl left click seems a long winded way, so I have downloaded one of the add-ons.

However I can't understand why this facility is not included in Firefox.