Showing questions for topic:

wrongly spelled/written mail-addresses become incorrectible

Hi there :-) Thunderbird on Windows 11: When I, by accident, misspell an e-mail address in the "mail to" column and realize this afterwards, it becomes impossible to re-e… (read more)

Hi there :-) Thunderbird on Windows 11: When I, by accident, misspell an e-mail address in the "mail to" column and realize this afterwards, it becomes impossible to re-enter the correct spelling of this text, not even after deleting it completely. It re-appers already after recognising its first letters and completes it over and over "intelligently" - bu wrongly - again. No matter if it is an address chosen from the contacts, or a newly written one. It there a way to solve this problem? Thanks for your help!

Open 2

Ability to name Payment Methods

Can you add the ability to name your payment methods? I have quite a few cards saved and being able to pick i.e. "Sams Card" instead of having to remember the last four n… (read more)

Can you add the ability to name your payment methods? I have quite a few cards saved and being able to pick i.e. "Sams Card" instead of having to remember the last four numbers would be so much better. Thanks!

Open 1

Credit cards not filled in, and saved credit card cannot be editted

At some point, I told firefox my credit card details, and enabled supplying them to websites on (my) request. This has stopped working, It offers the correct credit card … (read more)

At some point, I told firefox my credit card details, and enabled supplying them to websites on (my) request.

This has stopped working, It offers the correct credit card (at least the correct final digits) but does nothing when I click on it.

A previous article suggested that going into settings and editing the credit card might fix this, presumably because this undoes some corruption previously introduced by firefox code.

I tried this and found that clicking on "edit" is also a no-op.

-- I'm running Firefox 150.0.3 (64-bit), installed as a "snap', on kubuntu 26.04 LTS

My installed extensions are OneTab, Proton Pass, and uBlock Origin.

Firefox has been repeatedly auto-upgraded - approximately every two weeks - until I got sick of the churn and researched how to stop it.

The OS has been updated to a new version, once, and had various bits and pieces upgraded repeatedly.

It's likely that I supplied the credit card while still on the versions installed with this system, so there's been time for repeated upgrades to break something.

I do not log into firefox, i.e. I don't share this firefox config. with any other firefox installations.

Open 1

The Zip code on my Autofill credit card changed from 32821 to 32805 without my involvement! By whom and Why?

I have no clue how this happened. It wasn't done by me! I have never, ever used Zip code 32805 for anything. I have lived in 32821 for years and use that zip code daily. … (read more)

I have no clue how this happened. It wasn't done by me! I have never, ever used Zip code 32805 for anything. I have lived in 32821 for years and use that zip code daily. When it changed I was unable to change it bac which only involves the last two digits. Now, when I use the autofil I am careful to modify the Zip to 32821 before I use the autofil credit card. I would appreciate it if the Zip code is permanently eorrected or if I am instructed on how to do that. I haven't been successful myself to , personally change it.

Open 1

I can't update my payment information.

Settings->Passwords and autofill->Manage payment methods Only gives me the option to "Add new payment method". I can fill that out, but cannot save it. I have an ol… (read more)

Settings->Passwords and autofill->Manage payment methods Only gives me the option to "Add new payment method". I can fill that out, but cannot save it.

I have an old credit card saved that I cannot update, change, or get rid of. That number was replaced with a new one, so it's not even valid anymore.

I followed the recommendation under the help file to check "Privacy and security->History", and it's set to "Remember history", so that shouldn't be a problem.

I was having this problem on my previous Windows 10 laptop - after transferring everything to the new one that's running Arch Linux, it's still the same. I'd really like to fix it, thanks.

Open 3

autocomplete cc-number is not being autofilled

I've made a related feature request to include an option to force Firefox to give the option to autofill any arbitrary field as a credit card, address, whatever. This is … (read more)

I've made a related feature request to include an option to force Firefox to give the option to autofill any arbitrary field as a credit card, address, whatever. This is because 9 times out of 10, Firefox either fails to recognize a field and doesn't offer an autofill option, or something else is going on. If I was able to right click on an empty field and select, "Fill from credit cards," this would solve my problem.

I inspected some of these elements and see that they seem to contain the correct type of markup, with the proper autocomplete="cc-number" attribute. So why is Firefox not recognizing that field? Why is it not popping up an option to autofill?

tl;dr: there is no option to autofill even on correctly marked-up forms. Nothing pops up. My credit cards are stored correctly, I'm logged in as the correct user, the feature works on *some* checkout forms, just not most of them.

edit: I don't know how to delete this. turns out this is a known bug on firefox on linux. Firefox cannot actually save payment info, but doesn't serve an error to the user. however in the console it will throw a NS_ERROR_ABORT error: "User canceled OS unlock entry" error when it tries to save. the one solution i looked at seemed way too complicated for me so i am simply going to give up and try to keep my cc closer to me and not get frustrated when it doesn't work.

Open

why aren't all data fields filled?

Used to use kiwi browser which remembered all the data field entries. Not just password and username. Since switching over to Firefox, I've had to remember other fields t… (read more)

Used to use kiwi browser which remembered all the data field entries. Not just password and username. Since switching over to Firefox, I've had to remember other fields that are required and type them in manually.

Open

Autofill used to fill in all blanks, now only one blank at a time; can I go back to former?

Autofill for forms is great. Until a recent update, it would fill in all of the information it had-name, address, phone, email-that a form wanted. Recently, it started fi… (read more)

Autofill for forms is great. Until a recent update, it would fill in all of the information it had-name, address, phone, email-that a form wanted. Recently, it started filling in only a single item at a time, so I have two separate entries for name, 3 or 4 for address, another for phone, etc. Can I get back to the prior system?

Open 3

The Address / Profile Autofill (full-form, 1-click filling) all of a sudden stopped working a few days ago.

The Address / Profile Autofill (full-form, 1-click filling) all of a sudden stopped working a few days ago. Only single-form works. I have to go to each box on a form i… (read more)

The Address / Profile Autofill (full-form, 1-click filling) all of a sudden stopped working a few days ago. Only single-form works. I have to go to each box on a form individually and click on it to have the info fill in (Never had to do that before). And the "History" icon is showing to the left side of every info of mine that i click on to fill in (Never seen that before). Everything in the settings is still the same, nothing on my end has changed. It's set to automatically fill in my Name, Address, E-mail, Phone Number in 1-click, like it has THOUSANDS OF TIMES BEFORE. All my info is showing in settings, but not on any forms on any websites. The same websites i've been using all along, that filled in ALL my info with 1 click, all of a sudden went to single individual form last week. I asked AI what the problem could be. It gave me a few suggestions and fixes. Tried all of them, made no difference. All the settings it had me check were correct. HELP! (Thank you)

Solved 3