نمایشing پرسش‌ها برای موضوع:

Can malicious sites (like onlineghostaccount.com) be trapped so they don't lock up Firefox

My wife recently ended up on a malicious site (onlineghostaccount.com) that appeared to cause Firefox to lock up. I think it trapped Firefox in an endless loop, because i… (مانند نخ كشيده)

My wife recently ended up on a malicious site (onlineghostaccount.com) that appeared to cause Firefox to lock up. I think it trapped Firefox in an endless loop, because it wasn't even possible to close the tab or change to a different one. The only thing Firefox would respond to is a button on the malicious page that would take her to a scammer claiming to be Apple support. Fortunately, she didn't fall for it, but Firefox was rendered unusable for her until I could help her fix the problem. The quick fix to get Firefox operational again by closing Firefox, shutting off network access, and then re-launching Firefox so the malicious page can't load works, but is not helpful to non-technical people like my wife, because she doesn't understand what's happening or what to do about it.

My question is: Is there any way that Firefox could detect this type of "endless loop" behavior before the page loads, prevent it from loading, and popping a warning to the user?

Thanks! S.K.Ault

باز 1

Firefox trapped in adware scam loop

Exact same problem as reported in 2025: "My Firefox on iPhone has a malware that pops up a box urging me to call a phone number (which I won’t do) about a payment. It ha… (مانند نخ كشيده)

Exact same problem as reported in 2025: "My Firefox on iPhone has a malware that pops up a box urging me to call a phone number (which I won’t do) about a payment. It has Cancel and Ok buttons, both of which trigger another box from the dialer containing the same phone number. I cannot get to the FF settings or escape from that page because the pop ups immediately come back and reload the page. " Only difference from OP is the server url is recipes33-16045505ea03 . herokuapp . com

The posted solution was to reset history, but I can't get to that or any other controls or the url bar - canceling just reloads the page before I can initiate any action. A similar post suggested installing Malwarebytes but that requires enabling extensions which, again, I can't get to.

Right now Firefox is bricked by this and I have to use Safari :-(

حل شده 3 121

firefox hides tab when leaving the app

hi! apologies if this has already been brought up. i tried searching for it but i don’t really know what to call it so i can easily have missed it. for a while now my fir… (مانند نخ كشيده)

hi!

apologies if this has already been brought up. i tried searching for it but i don’t really know what to call it so i can easily have missed it.

for a while now my firefox app has hidden my open tab when i leave the app, like it previously only did in private tabs. i’ve attached a screenshot to show what i mean. is this a new privacy feature and can i turn it off? i’ve tried to look through all my settings and uninstalled and reinstalled the app (in case it was a bug) but it still does this. i used to rely on getting a quick look at my open tab while flipping through apps so how it’s now hidden all the time is really inconvenient for me.

thankful for any help with this!

حل شده 1 51

Can't see webpage when switching between apps

as shown in the picture i can't see the webpage anymore when i want to switch to another app. How can i turn this off because it is starting to get really annoying … (مانند نخ كشيده)

as shown in the picture i can't see the webpage anymore when i want to switch to another app. How can i turn this off because it is starting to get really annoying

حل شده 1 20

How to turn off some kind of privacy screen?

On iphone, I noticed when i swipe out of the window to look at another open app (i dont close firefox when doing this) firefox puts up some kind of privacy screen that pr… (مانند نخ كشيده)

On iphone, I noticed when i swipe out of the window to look at another open app (i dont close firefox when doing this) firefox puts up some kind of privacy screen that prevents me from seeing what i was browsing. is annoying because sometimes i need to compare what i’m looking up with another open app like in my photos or something. It’s also visually annoying when i just pull down the control bar to mess with a setting and it privates the screen. Can i turn this off? This happens in normal tabs, I don’t typically use private tabs nor am i in one when this happens.

باز 1 30

Turn of privacy screen on iOS with regular Firefox

I’m recently unable to see the content of my regular Firefox screen when switching apps. For example, I’ve looked something up while searching in Firefox and want to type… (مانند نخ كشيده)

I’m recently unable to see the content of my regular Firefox screen when switching apps. For example, I’ve looked something up while searching in Firefox and want to type some of the details in Claude I get a privacy screen like I would with Firefox Focus or my banking app. I don’t want that. I want to be able to quickly view it slightly behind and then go back to my other app rather than put complete focus on Firefox. If I wanted the privacy screen I would use Focus.

See in the provided picture that Safari is showing me the content, Firefox isn’t, while I’m trying to do some work in Claude. I would like to have Firefox do the same as safari and show the content.

Is there a toggle to turn this off? Can one be made? Or what am I missing?

Thanks

باز 1 70

Please add free VPN button to Firefox iOS

This feature is great and easy to use for Firefox (desktop). Would be nice for mobile too! If it was added to Firefox (iOS), I'd switch from Brave which I'm using curren… (مانند نخ كشيده)

This feature is great and easy to use for Firefox (desktop). Would be nice for mobile too!

If it was added to Firefox (iOS), I'd switch from Brave which I'm using currently. Thanks in advance.

باز 2 81

how to delete website without menu?

On my iphone 17 (ios 26.3.1) Firefox is stuck on a malicious website and will not allow me to access the menu, delete the website, or move to another. There is no clear d… (مانند نخ كشيده)

On my iphone 17 (ios 26.3.1) Firefox is stuck on a malicious website and will not allow me to access the menu, delete the website, or move to another. There is no clear data on the listing in settings/apps/firefox. Is deleting and reinstalling the app my only option?

بایگانی شده 1 110

Feedback for AI features on Firefox under the new CEO

So the main reason I use Firefox instead of Google or other browsers is because it specifically *doesn’t* have AI features, since AI storing my information is a privacy/s… (مانند نخ كشيده)

So the main reason I use Firefox instead of Google or other browsers is because it specifically *doesn’t* have AI features, since AI storing my information is a privacy/security risk that I am not interested in taking. Firefox is one of the only browsers out there that isn’t annoyingly pushing for AI to be integrated into every single aspect of the service. I’m not interested. I don’t want it. Mozilla, you’re wasting your time and money integrating features that your users DO NOT WANT. Please allow users to press one button to disable machine learning features instead of burying the switches in about:config. I don’t want AI on my browser.

بایگانی شده 1 467