Firefox opens with a transparent or blank window
Seda teemat ei täiendata enam, selle sisu võib olla aegunud.
On a system with problematic or malicious add-ons installed, Firefox may open with a blank or transparent window and with no interface elements visible. In some instances Firefox may also crash. This article describes how to resolve the problem.
Table of Contents
1. Start Firefox in Safe Mode
Make sure that no other instance of Firefox is running or no other Firefox window is open.
You can then start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while starting Firefox.holding down the option key while starting Firefox.going to your Terminal and running:
You may need to specify the Firefox installation path (e.g. /usr/lib/firefox)
Now click on thebutton in order to run Firefox with extensions and themes disabled for this session.
2. Find and remove problematic extensions
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the buttonOn the menu bar, click on the menuAt the top of the Firefox window, click on the , and then click menu . The Add-ons Manager tab will open. Click the menu button and choose . The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the panel.
- Look out for suspicious extensions, in particular entries that you have not installed intentionally or don't know what purpose they serve. For example toolbars that come bundled with third-party software can cause this issue. Other examples of problematic add-ons are Browser Companion Helper, Codec-C, Codecv, OneClickDownloader, TheBflix & wxDfast (this list is not exhaustive).
- Click the
button next to such extensions or, in case it is not available, disable those entries.
- Afterwards, restart Firefox.
3. Check your computer for malware
After completing the above steps, check your computer for malware. See How do I get rid of malware? for some recommended malware removal programs.