I've had my Firefox bookmarks configured just the way I wanted them for years, many years on my desktop. I finally caved in and thought it'd be nice to replicate those b… (read more)
I've had my Firefox bookmarks configured just the way I wanted them for years, many years on my desktop. I finally caved in and thought it'd be nice to replicate those bookmarks over to my laptop since I've been spending more time on that lately. I had a FF Sync account logged in on my desktop machine for a few years syncronizing to nothing. I've been been hesitated adding in another Sync member in case something went wrong....and it so did:
1. Once the laptop was logged into Sync, everything seemed pulled over just fine. However, the laptop bookmark toolbar was showing my Chrome bookmark toolbar items. Those are different for personal reasons (not relevant to this - but very important). I thought, "Oh well, that sucked, best I manually copy back my bookmark toolbar on the laptop and forget Sync."
2. However, I then noticed on my desktop that my original Desktop toolbar bookmarks now also resemble my Chrome bookmark toolbars.
3. So, somehow Sync'ing two FIREFOX browsers synced them with CHROME. That's not what's supposed to happen...is it? I wanted two instances of Firefox to replicate to each other...Didn't want Chrome involved.
4. Looking through the Sync properties, there are all these FF Sync options to choose from but I can't be sure what they do, and have lost faith in trying or wanting to at this point.
- What I'd like to do is go back in time to a time before I initiated the Sync connection and get my *desktop* back to where it was before all this went wrong:
1. I am versed in managing Windows profiles, manually replacing Firefox profiles between computers (from the days before Sync existed) so, if that's an option, please provide the FF profile location in Win x64 and how to juggle and which of the profiles to juggle to take my desktop back in time to the way it was before I launched Sync with my laptop.
2. If there's a "Holy shit I screwed something up and need to undo all this mess" type of panic button/Hail Mary Pass option then please let me know.
If you need any additional information from me, let me know but I otherwise hope I've been descriptive enough as to what I'm struggling with.