No window opens when Firefox is clicked on, but runs in the background for each time it is clicked. Cursor repeatedly flickers or spins after opening.
I work in IT and multiple users are having this same issue. It seems to have started at the same time about a week ago. When clicking on Firefox, no window opens and the … (read more)
I work in IT and multiple users are having this same issue. It seems to have started at the same time about a week ago. When clicking on Firefox, no window opens and the cursor begins to rapidly flicker or spin. There is no error message given. When checking Task Manager, there are multiple instances of Firefox running. Trying to "End Task" on each instance proves futile because it seems that they are constantly refreshing (which is probably why the cursor flickers). Trying to run the command "taskkill /f /im /firefox.exe" sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, even in Administrative mode. The only sure fire ways to get the cursor to stop flickering and/or close the program is to restart the machine or uninstall Firefox. However, if Firefox is clicked on again after restarting, it goes back to flickering and no window ever opens.
Things I've tried:
1. Using "End Task" in Task Manager
2. Running CMD and using taskkill /f /im /firefox.exe multiple times.
3. Restarting the machine.
4. Clearing ALL temp files from the machine.
5. Uninstalling and Reinstalling Firefox
6. Uninstalling, deleting Mozilla folders from Program Files, Program Files (x86), and Reinstalling
7. Checking to make sure Firefox is not blocked by the firewall or anti-virus.
8. Uninstalling, deleting Mozilla folders from Program Files and Program Files (x86), Deleting Profile data from AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox, then Reinstalling
Nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?