Firefox used all of my memory and CPU for some time when manually delete entries from browsing history sidebar
Hello, When I tried to manually delete lot of entries (>2000) from browsing history (sidebar->search->select all->R.click->delete) Firefox used all of my m…
When I tried to manually delete lot of entries (>2000) from browsing history (sidebar->search->select all->R.click->delete) Firefox used all of my memory and CPU for more than 10 minutes. As a result there where lot of writings to swap file and my PC was freeze until I was able to terminate Firefox.
I tried to reproduce the behavior with smaller set and the same happen on all tries. As an example I selected ~300 pages in history sidebar and delete them. The memory usage (for the process that used the most) went from 250MB to 800MB and CPU usage to 100% for ~2.5 minutes. During this time Firefox was almost unusable and the PC very slow.
All tests, including the initial problem, performed as first task after Firefox complete its load and without any network/web traffic by me.
I don't have the fastest PC or lot of GB of memory, but what I have should be far from enough in order to delete some entries with any additional "re-configuration" on the back, without "melt" it. CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz MEM: 4GB OS: Windows 7 (64 bit) Firefox: 69.0.3 (64-bit)
Do you think I have to report it a a bug?
Since FF 69 the starting (not the loading!) of websites frequently lasts more than 10 seconds under Xubuntu. The tab remains empty during this waiting time, while no sign…
Since FF 69 the starting (not the loading!) of websites frequently lasts more than 10 seconds under Xubuntu. The tab remains empty during this waiting time, while no sign of the loading process can be seen: The tab header shows no title, only the URL. The animated loading icon of the tab header is not shown. The status bar shows no activity. For about 5 to 20 seconds it looks like the tab is frozen. (See hardcopy.) This phenomenon occurs irregularly, but repeatedly, approximately with 10-20 percent of all calls, regardless of the requested URLs. It typically occurs piled within a random period, that lasts between a some seconds and several minutes. It also happens in safe mode, regardless of the used profile (even an unmodified new profile) and both in private an non-private windows. As far as I can judge, the troubleshooting Information shows no abnormalities. There are no issues with the internet connection. I've been using Firefox trouble-free for more than 10 years, but this phenomenon only occurred since Firefox 69.0.