Table of Contents
Refer to Yahoo!'s help page for POP access settings and instructions for Yahoo Mail.
Refer to Yahoo!'s help page for IMAP server settings for Yahoo Mail.
My sign-in attempt was prevented
If you get the Username or password invalid warning and the Sign-in attempt prevented email when you try to connect your Yahoo Mail with Thunderbird, Yahoo has blocked Thunderbird from connecting because it's a "less secure" non-Yahoo app. In Thunderbird below 68.5 you could enable an option to allow apps that use less secure sign-in in your Yahoo Account. See this Yahoo support page for instructions.
In Thunderbird version 68.5 and up you can change the POP server to pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 995). Then there will be a prompt from your Yahoo ISP partner to login. This is done with a OAuth 2.0 key exchange in Thunderbird which will authenticate the Thunderbird client in future logins.
Import Yahoo!'s Contact List to Thunderbird
- Open your Yahoo! Mail account.
- On the right side of the screen (left if you are using the "classic mail"), select the Contacts icon. Your contact list will open.
- At the top of the list, click the Actions menu.
- In the menu, select Export....
- Select Netscape/Thunderbird and click Export Now.
- Save the yahoo_contacts.ldif file to your desktop or some other place where you can find it later.
- Open Thunderbird.
- Under , select and then .
- Select Text file (LDIF, .tab, .csv, .txt), then click .
- Select the yahoo_contacts.ldif file that you previously saved.
- Your Yahoo! contacts will be imported as a separate yahoo_contacts address book.
To configure the Thunderbird calendar (Lightning) with your Yahoo! Calendar, follow the instructions at the page Sync Yahoo Calendar with Mozilla Lightning on the Yahoo! support site.