- Revision id: 70957
- Creator: user917725
- Comment: removed share template
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: jsavage
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: No
This quick tip explains how to use Open Search to search various websites for words or phrases contained in email messages.
Table of Contents
How to use Open Search
Highlight some text in a message then right click and selectfrom the context menu:
A new tab will open within Thunderbird that shows the search results on your default search site.
How to change the default search engine
The sites that you can search are displayed in a vertical toolbar on the left.
- Click the site icons to re-run the search on a different site.
- Use the next and previous arrows to move backwards and forwards through the search results.
- Click the heart icon at the bottom of the toolbar (lower left corner of the screen) to set the current search site as the default. (The heart is red when the currently selected site is the default.)
How to add Google to the search engine list
By default, Google is not included in the search engine list, but you can add it simply by installing the Google Search for Thunderbird add-on.