Exporting and sharing a calendar
- Revision id: 56934
- Creator: Meghraj Suthar
- Comment: Added "Share this article" template
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: jsavage
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: No
Things you need:
- A server supporting WebDAV
Steps, when using Lightning
- Open up Lightning by then pressing the button.
- Click .
- Click .
- Click the calendar you want to publish then press .
- Enter your WebDAV url.
- Enter a username, password and other required data.
- You're done!
Exporting a calendar under Thunderbird and Lightning
- Open the Thunderbird instance.
- Click on .
- Use the command to open a selection dialog.
- Select the calendar you want to export and click .
- Specify the filename of the exported calendar, where the exported calendar will be stored. Use the little arrow at the right of the name field to select the appropriate file location!
- Specify the type of file to create: HTML, iCalendar format or CSV file.
- Click the button.
Using a shared folder
When the calendar file is stored on a shared folder, you may also have several Thunderbird instances open the same calendar file, provided the proper extension is installed.
Since a standard iCalendar protocol is used, even other calendar supporting products, such as Microsoft Outlook, may share the same calendar.