- Revision id: 85312
- Creator: scootergrisen
- Comment: Image(s) changed from inline to block level
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: wsmwk
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? Yes
- Ready for localization: No
This article describes how to change Lightning settings. Most of the general Lightning settings can be set via the Options window. Other settings have to be changed via the Config Editor.
There are 2 ways of getting to the Options window.
- Click the menu at the top of the Thunderbird window and click the item. Select the Lightning Extension and click the button.
- Click the menu at the top of the Thunderbird window and select . Select the panel.
The Config Editor can be accessed via the same Options window, but in a different panel. Instead of thepanel, you need to select the panel, followed by the tab.
All settings, even the ones that are represented in the Options dialogue, can be changed in this Config Editor. The following settings can only be changed in the Config Editor:
- calendar.itip.sendemail (default: true) Outdated. Pre 20080819 build
- calendar.itip.notify (default: true) As from 20080819 build
- calendar.itip.compatSendMode (default: 0)
The following setting is only available if the Google Provider plugin is installed:
- calendar.google.enableEmailInvitations (default: false)
This setting needs to be set to true in order for Google Calendars to show up in the selection list when accepting an invitation.
Each calendar has a set of properties that can be changed or set as well. For further information about setting Calendar properties, please refer to the Changing calendar preferences article.
Following is only applicable in combination with the Google Provider extension 0.5.1.
The Properties Window of a Google Calendar only shows an E-mail selection option if the calendar.google.enableEmailInvitations setting is set to TRUE (see above).