Dieses Thema wurde archiviert. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie Hilfe benötigen.
when opening a new tab, how to set default site
I want my default website to be google each time I open a new tab. Somehow, my new tabs are opening as defaulted to bing.
Alle Antworten (6)
Firefox opens a blank page by default, when the user opens a new tab, something installed on your PC changed that action to Bing.
See if this extension will override Bing and allow you to set your own choice of a web page for the new tab. NewTabURL extension:
This doesn't work either :(
Start Firefox in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
Is there a simple way to have a new tab open to a default website or does it require the add-on? It seems like this should be a standard option.
Geändert am von Stokedog
A new tab opens by default as a blank tab (about:blank).
You can middle-click or Ctrl left-click the Home button on the Navigation toolbar to open the Home page in a new tab.
You can look at one of these extensions:
- NewTabURL : https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/newtaburl/
- New Tab Homepage : https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/new-tab-homepage/
This fixed it. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/new-tab-homepage/ Just set primary home page for Firefox to your search engine / website of choice and every new tab you manually open will open and pre-load that site. This will not override when you open another link in a new tab.
Geändert am von TimberJon