bookmark toolbar is fine along top, but the overflow down the side is just icons, not the full mark name. Just changed, can't undo
So, when I go to the >> at the end of my bookmark toolbar, I should get a nice dropdown, with all the names of my additional bookmarks. And I did. But something changed, and Now I get just the icons. Can't tell what is what. I can't find any way to get it back to normal. Help!
Mehr Details zum System
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.88 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/2.4.1488.35
Does this only happen in the overflow drop-down list? What happens if you open a folder in this list?
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is is causing the problem.
- switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Themes
- do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window
Great question. Thanks for pitching in. When I put the mouse on a simple bookmark icon on the dropdown, nothing happens. When I put it on a folder in that dropdown, it does open up and show the bookmarks or other folders in the folder. See picture. What does this tell us? Safemode didn't change anything.
Where is the Open Menu button (3 horizontal bars), which should be on the navigation toolbar 'pegged' to the right side?
I suspect that may be why the Bookmarks Toolbar overflow is truncated or "off screen".
Hit the Restore Down button to have the browser window at less than Maximize to see if more of that BTB overflow appears.
slight edit for a correction
Geändert am von the-edmeister
Are you using a userChrome.css file to modify the Firefox appearance?
If you do then it is possible that the file is broken and that the CSS rules aren't compatible with the current Firefox release.
Did you try Firefox Safe Mode?
In Firefox Safe mode these changes are effective:
- hardware acceleration is disabled (Options/Preferences -> General -> Performance)
- all extensions are disabled (about:addons)
- default theme is used (no lightweight theme)
- default toolbar layout is used
- xulstore.json is ignored
- userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored (chrome folder in profile folder)
- plugins are not affected
- preferences are not affected