Denne tråd blev arkiveret. Stil et nyt spørgsmål, hvis du har brug for hjælp.
Temporary downloads folder: do not want files to delete after exit
OS: Win 7 Enterprise x64 Browser: Firefox 3.6.21
I am trying to prevent Firefox from deleting files which I download using the Download Manager using the "open with" (rather than "save as") option.
These files remain in my folder, C:\Users\<NAME>\AppData\Local\Temp until after I close Firefox at which point they are deleted. Note: I am sure it is Firefox (or perhaps Windows) which is deleting the files since:
- I have disabled my antivirus and related programs (Malwarebytes real time protection)
- I can see the file disappear from the \Temp folder a few seconds after Firefox is closed down
- when I terminate the Firefox process via the task manager the file deletion does not occur
Some other comments:
- I do not believe this is influenced by the Tools>Options>Privacy settings, but I have set it to "Use Custom Settings for History" and unchecked "Clear History when Firefox Closes"
- I have experimented with various settings in about:config (privacy.clearOnShutdown.* options are all set to false)
- files downloaded during previous sessions are not removed from \Temp when the browser is closed (so if I terminate Firefox via task manager it will not be removed when I exit again later)
Does anyone have suggestions on options to change to prevent files from being expunged from my \temp directory?
Ændret af MonkeyMan123 den
Alle svar (1)
not sure how to resolve the problem but I am currently looking into a way to prevent this by circumventing firefox because I haven't been able to file a way to nullify it in firefox.