Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Prohledat stránky podpory

Vyhněte se podvodům. Za účelem poskytnutí podpory vás nikdy nežádáme, abyste zavolali nebo poslali SMS na nějaké telefonní číslo nebo abyste sdělili své osobní údaje. Jakékoliv podezřelé chování nám prosím nahlaste pomocí odkazu „Nahlásit zneužití“.

Zjistit více
Vyřešeno Archivováno

Do I need to manually upgrade my Keon to 1.1?

feklee

Firefox OS version 1.1 has been available since October 9. Still, my Keon runs with version 1.0.1.0-prerelease, and when I tap "Check now", I get: "This is already the latest version of Firefox OS"

Do I need to manually upgrade?

I know that images are available on: http://downloads.geeksphone.com/

Firefox OS version 1.1 has been available since October 9. Still, my Keon runs with version 1.0.1.0-prerelease, and when I tap "Check now", I get: "This is already the latest version of Firefox OS" Do I need to manually upgrade? I know that images are available on: http://downloads.geeksphone.com/
Přečíst dotaz v kontextu

Zvolené řešení

Check for updates on the Geeksphones has been iffy, not all phones get the update. You are probably better off just manually updating.

Všechny odpovědi (5)

NO, if you are running on 1.0 you will get notification about the new update Once you click on it, that will download the file ( 93 MB ) and will install the new one, that is how I did it in my Dev Keon.

I see one more update now, its a 95 MB system update don't know what it is i am running Firefox OS 1.1

Strange, "Check for Updates" on 1.0.1.0-prerelease still reports: This is alread the latest version of Firefox OS

Perhaps it's a regional thing? I'm located in Germany.

Upravil uživatel feklee dne

Zvolené řešení

Check for updates on the Geeksphones has been iffy, not all phones get the update. You are probably better off just manually updating.

Updating manually did the trick. Of course, all my user data was wiped, but that's OK. It's a developer device, after all.

I want to add: After updating manually, it seems necessary to ignore update notices on the device. With version 1.1, I got an update notice on the phone, and after following it, it came again, and then again, etc. With version 1.2, I also got an update notice on the phone, and after following it, I was back at version 1.1.

Upravil uživatel feklee dne