Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Prohledat stránky podpory

Vyhněte se podvodům. Za účelem poskytnutí podpory vás nikdy nežádáme, abyste zavolali nebo poslali SMS na nějaké telefonní číslo nebo abyste sdělili své osobní údaje. Jakékoliv podezřelé chování nám prosím nahlaste pomocí odkazu „Nahlásit zneužití“.

Zjistit více
Vyřešeno Archivováno

How can I unblock a website blocked by Firefox?

Crimbo

When I try to click on a link to www.bookbub.com/ in Google Reader and feedly, I get the following message: "Firefox prevented this site from opening 1 popup window", with an option box to either:

option 1 - "Block popups from google.com" (or feedly.com) - I want the opposite of this!

option 2 - "Edit popup blocker options"

option 3 - "Show www.bookbub.com/deals"

If I click on option 3 ("Show www.bookbub.com/deals"), this website is still being blocked.

If I choose option 2 (allow popups from google and feedly), this website is still being blocked.

So, in Firefox Options settings, the popup blocker box is now unticked - popups are unblocked - but this website is still being blocked.

This is the only site which is blocked. All links to other websites open correctly from Google Reader and/or Google Search. To bypass this unwanted block and access the website, I have to type the url in the address bar.

I would much prefer to simply open it as I do with all other websites from Google reader or feedly, with a simple click on a link.

Suggestions welcome, thank you.

Edited to add:

Same problem when clicking on a link to this website from Google Search (website blocked by Firefox), yet no such problem when clicking the link within *this* post... ?!

No problem whatsoever opening the website from any link in Chrome.

When I try to click on a link to www.bookbub.com/ in Google Reader and feedly, I get the following message: "Firefox prevented this site from opening 1 popup window", with an option box to either: option 1 - "Block popups from google.com" (or feedly.com) - I want the opposite of this! option 2 - "Edit popup blocker options" option 3 - "Show www.bookbub.com/deals" If I click on option 3 ("Show www.bookbub.com/deals"), this website is still being blocked. If I choose option 2 (allow popups from google and feedly), this website is still being blocked. So, in Firefox Options settings, the popup blocker box is now unticked - popups are unblocked - but this website is still being blocked. This is the only site which is blocked. All links to other websites open correctly from Google Reader and/or Google Search. To bypass this unwanted block and access the website, I have to type the url in the address bar. I would much prefer to simply open it as I do with all other websites from Google reader or feedly, with a simple click on a link. Suggestions welcome, thank you. Edited to add: Same problem when clicking on a link to this website from Google Search (website blocked by Firefox), yet no such problem when clicking the link within *this* post... ?! No problem whatsoever opening the website from any link in Chrome.

Upravil uživatel Crimbo dne

Všechny odpovědi (4)

hello, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once? if not, maybe one of your extensions is interfering here...

Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems

Zvolené řešení

Thanks for the suggestion.

The problem does not appear in Safe Mode.

I am going to follow the steps in the article to try to find a solution.

After several checks, the website appears to be blocked by Adblock Plus and/or Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon.

The message was clearly marked "*Firefox* prevented this popup" and I never even thought of looking elsewhere.

I will trawl through the filters to find the blocking rule.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Upravil uživatel Crimbo dne

thank you for reporting your findings too!