Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Prohledat stránky podpory

Vyhněte se podvodům. Za účelem poskytnutí podpory vás nikdy nežádáme, abyste zavolali nebo poslali SMS na nějaké telefonní číslo nebo abyste sdělili své osobní údaje. Jakékoliv podezřelé chování nám prosím nahlaste pomocí odkazu „Nahlásit zneužití“.

Zjistit více
Vyřešeno Archivováno

Home screen initially appears in text.

Ian Leckenby

I have the BBC News set as my Homepage. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ ) There has not been any problem on earlier Firefox versions, but now, on first selection after booting up computer the homescreen appears only in 'text'. If I hit the 'home' icon/button in the toolbar, the homescreen then appears correctly. Alternatively, if I hit the 'refresh' button the homescreen then appears correctly. All other opening screens open correctly. The BBC also opens correctly if set as the homescreen on Opera, Chrome, Safari or IE9 - all without the problem. Ideas? Thanks.

I have the BBC News set as my Homepage. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ ) There has not been any problem on earlier Firefox versions, but now, on first selection after booting up computer the homescreen appears only in 'text'. If I hit the 'home' icon/button in the toolbar, the homescreen then appears correctly. Alternatively, if I hit the 'refresh' button the homescreen then appears correctly. All other opening screens open correctly. The BBC also opens correctly if set as the homescreen on Opera, Chrome, Safari or IE9 - all without the problem. Ideas? Thanks.

Všechny odpovědi (2)

Zvolené řešení

Try clear cookies & cache :

Firefox cannot load certain websites


thank you

Please mark "Solved" the answer that really solve the problem, to help others with a similar problem.

Solved. Thank you. I emptied all history and cache and it seems to have done the trick.