Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Prohledat stránky podpory

Vyhněte se podvodům. Za účelem poskytnutí podpory vás nikdy nežádáme, abyste zavolali nebo poslali SMS na nějaké telefonní číslo nebo abyste sdělili své osobní údaje. Jakékoliv podezřelé chování nám prosím nahlaste pomocí odkazu „Nahlásit zneužití“.

Zjistit více
Vyřešeno Archivováno

Present version 7.0.1, get update available for 8.0.1. Fire off the update which starts a down load and finishes. Then get "connect to update server" that never connects. This has happened over a 2 week period.

bniedfeldt

My 7.0.1 program tells me there is an update available, 8.0.1.. I fire off the update which downloads an installer. When I restart firefox to get the update installed, it does the restart and fires off an new window stating it is contacting the update server. This will continue to contact for 30 minutes with no connection made. So my browser stays at 7.0.1.

Windows Vista Ultimate, sp2 64-bit.

My 7.0.1 program tells me there is an update available, 8.0.1.. I fire off the update which downloads an installer. When I restart firefox to get the update installed, it does the restart and fires off an new window stating it is contacting the update server. This will continue to contact for 30 minutes with no connection made. So my browser stays at 7.0.1. Windows Vista Ultimate, sp2 64-bit.

Všechny odpovědi (2)

Zvolené řešení

try the alternate and easiest way by downloading from here and simply run

OK. That worked. Any idea why the original update does not function? Is it pointing to a bad site name? Curious minds would like to know and I think the folks should clear up the issue.