Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Prohledat stránky podpory

Vyhněte se podvodům. Za účelem poskytnutí podpory vás nikdy nežádáme, abyste zavolali nebo poslali SMS na nějaké telefonní číslo nebo abyste sdělili své osobní údaje. Jakékoliv podezřelé chování nám prosím nahlaste pomocí odkazu „Nahlásit zneužití“.

Zjistit více
Vyřešeno Archivováno

Changing search engine, but I cannot enter "about:config"

Rianne

After installing Bing by accident, I cannot search using the location bar. Searches are redirected to the Bing search engine. I've tried to solve it with the help right here (http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Searches%20are%20redirected%20to%20another%20site), but I am not able to open about:config. I get the warning message for a few seconds, but then it disappears without entering the configuration.

So, I've got two questions: How can I enter about:config. And how can I change this search engine and delete Bing?

After installing Bing by accident, I cannot search using the location bar. Searches are redirected to the Bing search engine. I've tried to solve it with the help right here (http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Searches%20are%20redirected%20to%20another%20site), but I am not able to open about:config. I get the warning message for a few seconds, but then it disappears without entering the configuration. So, I've got two questions: How can I enter about:config. And how can I change this search engine and delete Bing?

Všechny odpovědi (2)

Zvolené řešení

1) Please enter safe mode, choose to disable all addons and restart.

2) After that try to follow the steps here and see whether about:config opens.

3) The first step at (2) is to change the Location bar search engine; this is explained again at Location bar search.

Please let us know of further progress on the problem.

Upravil uživatel Svetlana dne

Thanks, my problem is solved!