Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Prohledat stránky podpory

Vyhněte se podvodům. Za účelem poskytnutí podpory vás nikdy nežádáme, abyste zavolali nebo poslali SMS na nějaké telefonní číslo nebo abyste sdělili své osobní údaje. Jakékoliv podezřelé chování nám prosím nahlaste pomocí odkazu „Nahlásit zneužití“.

Zjistit více
Otevřít

Firefox 157 won't save downloads properly, just upgraded today from 156 and didn't have a problem before.

Leejay

Today I upgraded to v157 and since then can't download files properly. I thought it wasn't doing anything, but on checking my Downloads folder found that it was saving files in there but with random file names and adding .part to the end. My settings haven't changed, "always ask" is checked, but it doesn't ask me where to save, just puts it in Downloads. This has never happened before. I tried changing the file download location and it downloaded to the specified folder but still without asking). I can remove the .part and the file will open, but I don't know how to stop it doing this. I never had this problem before upgrading to 157. Can someone tell me how to fix this or is it a glitch in v157? Many thanks

Today I upgraded to v157 and since then can't download files properly. I thought it wasn't doing anything, but on checking my Downloads folder found that it was saving files in there but with random file names and adding .part to the end. My settings haven't changed, "always ask" is checked, but it doesn't ask me where to save, just puts it in Downloads. This has never happened before. I tried changing the file download location and it downloaded to the specified folder but still without asking). I can remove the .part and the file will open, but I don't know how to stop it doing this. I never had this problem before upgrading to 157. Can someone tell me how to fix this or is it a glitch in v157? Many thanks

Všechny odpovědi (1)

Hello,

This is probably caused because a background download process gets interrupted or fails to finalize.

First, you can try disabling the antivirus scan handoff. To do so, go to about:config (use at own discretion), and paste browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone, then click the toggle button to change it from true to false.

Next, try going to menu > Help > More Troubleshooting Information, then find the profile folder, and click open folder. After that, close Firefox. Once in the directory, search for a file named handlers.json, and rename it to handlers.json.old. After that, reopen firefox and test again.

Položit dotaz

Pro přidání odpovědi se musíte přihlásit do svého účtu. Pokud dosud nemáte účet, položte nový dotaz.