Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Prohledat stránky podpory

Vyhněte se podvodům. Za účelem poskytnutí podpory vás nikdy nežádáme, abyste zavolali nebo poslali SMS na nějaké telefonní číslo nebo abyste sdělili své osobní údaje. Jakékoliv podezřelé chování nám prosím nahlaste pomocí odkazu „Nahlásit zneužití“.

Zjistit více
Archivováno

Firefox closes Yahoo email tab after I print PDF attachment

jjbeng

Recently (last month or so) I noticed a new behavior: when I receive PDF attachments via Yahoo e-mail, if I open them using Adobe Acrobat DC reader, and print them, after printing the Yahoo e-mail tab closes. So I have full functionality -- can open the PDFs, print them, everything good -- but then I have to restart Yahoo e-mail. Big pain.

This behavior is occurring on all three of my PCs (two laptops and a desktop), all of which are running latest Windows 11, and latest Firefox, and latest Acrobat reader.

Recently (last month or so) I noticed a new behavior: when I receive PDF attachments via Yahoo e-mail, if I open them using Adobe Acrobat DC reader, and print them, after printing the Yahoo e-mail tab closes. So I have full functionality -- can open the PDFs, print them, everything good -- but then I have to restart Yahoo e-mail. Big pain. This behavior is occurring on all three of my PCs (two laptops and a desktop), all of which are running latest Windows 11, and latest Firefox, and latest Acrobat reader.

Všechny odpovědi (3)

I'll try to remember my Yahoo password so I can look at this, but until then, if you use one of these, can you get your main tab back:

  • right-click a different tab > Reopen Closed Tab
  • Ctrl+Shift+T
  • menu > History > Recently closed tabs

Also, do you have Firefox's PDF handling set to "Use Adobe Acrobat" or "Always ask" on the Settings page? This article has more details on that setting: View and edit PDF files using Firefox’s built-in viewer.

Thanks. I have PDF handling set to "Use Adobe Acrobat".

I just cleared my Firefox cache, and it would appear the tab-closing behavior has stopped. I'll try the same on my other systems and see if that's really all it takes.

If the problem returns, my comments in this thread might be relevant: https://support.mozilla.org/questions/1401782