Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Prohledat stránky podpory

Vyhněte se podvodům. Za účelem poskytnutí podpory vás nikdy nežádáme, abyste zavolali nebo poslali SMS na nějaké telefonní číslo nebo abyste sdělili své osobní údaje. Jakékoliv podezřelé chování nám prosím nahlaste pomocí odkazu „Nahlásit zneužití“.

Zjistit více
Vyřešeno Archivováno

What does the "eye" symbol in the left margin of the inbox list mean?

deletearchived

In the leftmost column of the "inbox", there is a is a column that I is headed by a bent line (I think meaning "folder tree"). In a small number of incoming eMAILs, an "eye" symbol appears in this column. It remains attached to all subsequent forwardings of that message. Is this some form of tracking attached by the sender? If so, what does it do?

In the leftmost column of the "inbox", there is a is a column that I is headed by a bent line (I think meaning "folder tree"). In a small number of incoming eMAILs, an "eye" symbol appears in this column. It remains attached to all subsequent forwardings of that message. Is this some form of tracking attached by the sender? If so, what does it do?
Přečíst dotaz v kontextu

Zvolené řešení

Not if it is the "watch" icon. You can post a screen shot here of what you are seeing by using https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-create-screenshot-my-problem

Všechny odpovědi (3)

It means "watch thread" and is set by using "w" on your keyboard. Or using the menu alt+message+w

Mostly used for newsgroups.

Wayne:

Thanks for the info, but I don't think I set this. Is it possible the sender set it and that it allows the sender to track where the eMAIL goes?

Zvolené řešení

Not if it is the "watch" icon. You can post a screen shot here of what you are seeing by using https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-create-screenshot-my-problem