Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Prohledat stránky podpory

Vyhněte se podvodům. Za účelem poskytnutí podpory vás nikdy nežádáme, abyste zavolali nebo poslali SMS na nějaké telefonní číslo nebo abyste sdělili své osobní údaje. Jakékoliv podezřelé chování nám prosím nahlaste pomocí odkazu „Nahlásit zneužití“.

Zjistit více
Vyřešeno Archivováno

After firefox 31 update: every time i close a tab, instead of closing it, it opens a new tab to its right

cinderbloke

Firefox just updated from 28 to 31. Now, whenever I close a tab (by clicking x at right of current tab), instead of closing that tab, it opens another tab immediately to the right of the tab I'm trying to close. Subsequent attempts produce the same result ... with a string of new tabs building to the right of the current tab with each click. Only way to close tabs is to quit and then re-open Firefox, but the problem continues as before.

Until I can find a solution for this, I'd like to go back to 28 - is that possible, and, if so, how?

TIA

Firefox just updated from 28 to 31. Now, whenever I close a tab (by clicking x at right of current tab), instead of closing that tab, it opens another tab immediately to the right of the tab I'm trying to close. Subsequent attempts produce the same result ... with a string of new tabs building to the right of the current tab with each click. Only way to close tabs is to quit and then re-open Firefox, but the problem continues as before. Until I can find a solution for this, I'd like to go back to 28 - is that possible, and, if so, how? TIA

Všechny odpovědi (1)

Zvolené řešení

Update: When Firefox updated itself, it did not complain about any of the current versions of the installed Add-ons.

On a whim, I went to Tools/Add-ons and noticed that one item, Tab Mix Plus, indicated there was an update available. Once that update was installed and FF restarted, the problem no longer existed.

Problem solved by installing TMP 0.4.1.4!

NOTE: Perhaps the FF 31.0 update process should be modified to flag Tab Mix Plus versions prior to 0.4.1.4 when it checks Add-on compatibility.