Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Please remove ProtonVPN Servers from your blocked IPs, Mozilla.

till.schmeil

Hello,

I'm being regularly logged out of my Firefox account from Firefox Mobile. I use Firefox daily and regularly want to send tabs to my other devices, so it is annoying to have to log in again and again. I suspect that the reason for the lack of session persistence is my permanent connection to ProtonVPN servers. I come to this conclusion, because I'm experiencing problems connecting to the following two web pages from devices (Firefox Mobile, but also Desktop) connected to ProtonVPN servers (free/paid tiers both): - accounts.firefox.com - support.mozilla.org This especially affects the login process in Firefox Mobile, which can only be performed after disconnecting from ProtonVPN.

Please remove ProtonVPN server IP addresses from your blacklist, so that privacy conscious users may continue to use Firefox/Mozilla services without disruptions.

Thank you.

Hello, I'm being regularly logged out of my Firefox account from Firefox Mobile. I use Firefox daily and regularly want to send tabs to my other devices, so it is annoying to have to log in again and again. I suspect that the reason for the lack of session persistence is my permanent connection to ProtonVPN servers. I come to this conclusion, because I'm experiencing problems connecting to the following two web pages from devices (Firefox Mobile, but also Desktop) connected to ProtonVPN servers (free/paid tiers both): - accounts.firefox.com - support.mozilla.org This especially affects the login process in Firefox Mobile, which can only be performed after disconnecting from ProtonVPN. Please remove ProtonVPN server IP addresses from your blacklist, so that privacy conscious users may continue to use Firefox/Mozilla services without disruptions. Thank you.

All Replies (3)

Hi

This is not an issue with Proton, but a known issue with Firefox for Android that I hope that our developers can resolve very soon.

Hi Paul,

thank you for the information and I'm happy that the frequent log outs are being worked on.

I maintain that some blacklisting of ProtonVPN IPs is taking place, as I once again needed to disconnect from the VPN to log in so I could write this answer. If connected to the VPN, the support.mozilla.org/en-US/users/auth link was dead somehow. When disconnected, I see a fastly browser verification before being correctly forwarded to the login mask.

Thank you.

In that case it's somewhat out of anyone's hands around here — would you be able to ask Proton to get in touch officially with their networking details to the Mozilla infrastructure contact (they will know how to reach out) so that a channel is open with Fastly too — as your description seems to span multiple unrelated services, hosted in different clouds, fronted by different bot protection rules etc., so Proton might need to attest or sign the connections for Fastly to allow them as residential traffic even when dubious.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.