I can't download firefox for my att samsung captivate?
I try to download firefox for android but it says item can not be found when I try to download it from www.firefox.com/m/beta. Can someone help me pleasE?
All Replies (1)
On some supported devices, a bug prevents Firefox from appearing in the Market. This may be related to the recent Market update. You can go to Settings/Applications and uninstall the Market update, then find and install Firefox.
Or, if you have a compatible device, you can download the app directly from here:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/releases/4.0b3/android-r7/multi/
(Note: To download the app directly for an AT&T phone, you will have to search for instructions on "sideloading" the APK file, since AT&T has removed the option to install from non-Market sources.)
Firefox might not appear in the Market because it is not compatible with your hardware. You can check if your phone is supported here: