Showing questions for topic:

why when I enter an address it always goes to search google and not the website I want

a few days ago I bring up Firefox and try to access a website with the URL and it automatically goes to Google as a search. What has changed? and how do I get rid of it a… (прочетете още)

a few days ago I bring up Firefox and try to access a website with the URL and it automatically goes to Google as a search. What has changed? and how do I get rid of it and have some control without going thru Google which I don't like to use?

Open

short cut for search engine features

Assalamu Alaikum. i come here for feedback and suggestion. that is to add other search engine options like Yahoo,Yandex,Brave,ecosia,etc other opensource and secure engin… (прочетете още)

Assalamu Alaikum. i come here for feedback and suggestion. that is to add other search engine options like Yahoo,Yandex,Brave,ecosia,etc other opensource and secure engine on top to search engine icon in search bar. Thanks in advance.

Open 1

wrong IP address giving bad search results

I'm in Winnipeg, and my IP address says that as well, but when I search for things in Firefox and Chrome it puts me in Ontario since I changed ISP. Very annoying having t… (прочетете още)

I'm in Winnipeg, and my IP address says that as well, but when I search for things in Firefox and Chrome it puts me in Ontario since I changed ISP. Very annoying having to change store on every site, every time.

Open 1

I’m trying to search a link on Pinterest, but it’s not working

I was scrolling on Pinterest and I saw this pin about Outer Banks. It was a collage of JJ. I really liked it so I liked it and then asked in the comments if they could ma… (прочетете още)

I was scrolling on Pinterest and I saw this pin about Outer Banks. It was a collage of JJ. I really liked it so I liked it and then asked in the comments if they could make one about Sarah because she is my favourite and then today seven hours ago, they replied saying oh yeah I already made one. Here’s the link. hppts://pin.it/1Kt7XuqWB I tried searching the link on ChatGPT didn’t work. Pinterest didn’t work. Google didn’t work now. I don’t know how to see it cause I checked their account and it also wouldn’t let me see it. It wasn’t showing up. How can I search and find this pin.

Open 1

search bar

I am very irritated - I was using the search bar and it no longer operates. Then - without warning - a new version appeared and I have NO IDEA how to operate my browswer … (прочетете още)

I am very irritated - I was using the search bar and it no longer operates. Then - without warning - a new version appeared and I have NO IDEA how to operate my browswer = without warning!!!

Open 1

Google search from search bar triggers Captcha

My current version of Firefox is 151.0.4 (64-bit) & for the past 2 weeks or so every time I use the search bar to google something it triggers one of those "We've det… (прочетете още)

My current version of Firefox is 151.0.4 (64-bit) & for the past 2 weeks or so every time I use the search bar to google something it triggers one of those "We've detected unusual activity from your network" requiring a Captcha. At first I tried all of the typical stuff [antivirus, vpn, extensions, etc...] to make sure that wasn't the issue. But as of yesterday & confirmed today I can actually go to Google's website first & do the search from there with no issue & no captcha.

So, whatever the issue is has to do specifically with doing the search via the search bar... for some reason. Is this a bug in the browser, or is there perhaps some setting that could cause this to happen in the about:config page? Though, I doubt a setting could be it because I've changed the settings I've changed now for years without causing this issue.

Solved 7 6 158

How do I get rid of google search?

As of the last update, my search engine changed to google. I've disabled google search in tools and have yahoo listed as first and duck duck go as 2nd. Still, in the se… (прочетете още)

As of the last update, my search engine changed to google. I've disabled google search in tools and have yahoo listed as first and duck duck go as 2nd. Still, in the search bar, all I get is google as the search engine. I've tried all the 'fixes' I've found on the web and none have worked. There's not a way to get rid of google in the list Mozilla tools/search gives.

Open 3

Start Page has inserted itself as my default browser

Suddenly Start Page has become my default browser when I open Firefox. Duck Duck Go has always been my default browser. I did not download Start Page. I don't want Sta… (прочетете още)

Suddenly Start Page has become my default browser when I open Firefox. Duck Duck Go has always been my default browser. I did not download Start Page. I don't want Start Page. My PC Win 11 is set to use Duck Duck go as the default browser. Why is this happening?

Solved 4

No-AI seach engine

Is it possible to select the DuckDuckGo No-AI: search as a Default Search Engine on the Mozilla browser? I have tried and cannot seem to designate this No-AI option as a … (прочетете още)

Is it possible to select the DuckDuckGo No-AI: search as a Default Search Engine on the Mozilla browser? I have tried and cannot seem to designate this No-AI option as a default. Thank you in advance. The URL is https://noai.duckduckgo.com/

Open 1