Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Търсене в помощните статии

Избягвайте измамите при поддръжката. Никога няма да ви помолим да се обадите или изпратите SMS на телефонен номер или да споделите лична информация. Моля, докладвайте подозрителна активност на "Докладване за злоупотреба".

Научете повече
Open

Why does Firefox open multiple Microsoft Edge Webview2 processes?

kelemenopy

I browse exclusively with Firefox on a Windows desktop. Edge is installed but unused. Even so, Firefox unpredictably starts as many as seven Edge Webview2 processes, which invariably bog the computer down. (Webview2 pops up only when I use Firefox and usually when nothing else of consequence is running; so Firefox seems the likeliest culprit.) Microsoft says that trying to uproot Webview2 will disable many apps and may end civilization. How can I prevent Firefox from invoking Webview2?

I browse exclusively with Firefox on a Windows desktop. Edge is installed but unused. Even so, Firefox unpredictably starts as many as seven Edge Webview2 processes, which invariably bog the computer down. (Webview2 pops up only when I use Firefox and usually when nothing else of consequence is running; so Firefox seems the likeliest culprit.) Microsoft says that trying to uproot Webview2 will disable many apps and may end civilization. How can I prevent Firefox from invoking Webview2?

Всички отговори (1)

I'm sure we don't do anything like that.

Задаване на въпрос

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.