Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Търсене в помощните статии

Избягвайте измамите при поддръжката. Никога няма да ви помолим да се обадите или изпратите SMS на телефонен номер или да споделите лична информация. Моля, докладвайте подозрителна активност на "Докладване за злоупотреба".

Научете повече
Open

Firefox is slow on my phone and occasional crashes.

Tadiwa

Hello, so. I just moved from Chrome to Firefox recently. My first move was on my laptop which I enjoyed the experience so I had to try out the mobile version. So far the experience has been pretty okay but I have been coming across occasional crashes and the app is sometimes slow generally. I tried figuring out what's going on by googling how to make the app run faster. I deleted all my mobile extensions but the difference wasn't too visible. I still do experience some last when accessing memory hungry website's like Instagram and Facebook. I know I can just have the apps but I prefer to use the website's (it helps me reduce my doom scroll period). But if I'm being fully honest, I think it's because of my phone in general. My phone is a Samsung A16. The phone on it's own has been generally slow so I think that might be the case but I can't say for sure because the frequency of the app freezes and lack in speed wasn't as common when I was using Chrome. By no way am I saying Chrome is better but I'm just saying that Chrome was faster than Firefox. I'm mostly facing these problems on my phone. Who knows maybe it's my phone still getting used to the app. I really want Firefox to work because it's been a good experience overally plus the added privacy and VPN are a great bonus I never knew I needed till now. Anyways I hope this is just my phone being moody and not the app, I am planning on upgrading the phone soon anyways so I hope that will change. But yeah I just wanted to let you know that this is what I'm experiencing, otherwise everything else has been great. I hope someone can help me out.

Have a great day.

Hello, so. I just moved from Chrome to Firefox recently. My first move was on my laptop which I enjoyed the experience so I had to try out the mobile version. So far the experience has been pretty okay but I have been coming across occasional crashes and the app is sometimes slow generally. I tried figuring out what's going on by googling how to make the app run faster. I deleted all my mobile extensions but the difference wasn't too visible. I still do experience some last when accessing memory hungry website's like Instagram and Facebook. I know I can just have the apps but I prefer to use the website's (it helps me reduce my doom scroll period). But if I'm being fully honest, I think it's because of my phone in general. My phone is a Samsung A16. The phone on it's own has been generally slow so I think that might be the case but I can't say for sure because the frequency of the app freezes and lack in speed wasn't as common when I was using Chrome. By no way am I saying Chrome is better but I'm just saying that Chrome was faster than Firefox. I'm mostly facing these problems on my phone. Who knows maybe it's my phone still getting used to the app. I really want Firefox to work because it's been a good experience overally plus the added privacy and VPN are a great bonus I never knew I needed till now. Anyways I hope this is just my phone being moody and not the app, I am planning on upgrading the phone soon anyways so I hope that will change. But yeah I just wanted to let you know that this is what I'm experiencing, otherwise everything else has been great. I hope someone can help me out. Have a great day.

Всички отговори (1)

Hi Tadiwa,

Thanks for the detailed description. Since Firefox is mainly becoming slow or freezing on your Samsung A16, particularly with memory-heavy sites such as Instagram and Facebook, the phone's available memory and overall performance could certainly be contributing.

Could you first make sure both Firefox and Android are fully up to date, and try closing some other apps and reducing the number of open Firefox tabs to see whether that makes a difference?

If Firefox continues to crash, please type about:crashes into the Firefox address bar and see whether there are any recent crash reports. If there are, please post the most recent Report ID here. The crash report can provide useful information about what caused the crash.

It would also be useful to know which version of Firefox and Android you are using.

Задаване на въпрос

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.